wakey town centre...

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by wakeyred, Jan 21, 2017.

1. W1z

W1zz Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Looks more like an school trip. Oakwell or Hornsea Pottery

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Leeds on the way to Barnsley today. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/LUFC?src=hash">#LUFC</a> <a href="https://t.co/NFrdUPfO4Q">pic.twitter.com/NFrdUPfO4Q</a></p>&mdash; Football Away Days (@AwayDays_) <a href="https://twitter.com/AwayDays_/status/822784783705055232">January 21, 2017</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. wak

wakeyred Well-Known Member

the clues in my imaginative online moniker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    QPR Fulham game today was the lunchtime kick-off, feel SKY should have swapped them around.

3. Tarntyke

Tarntyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I hate lunchtime kick-offs and is their any evidence that these trouble types are put off by change of KO time. It's not just alcohol-fuelled there's drugs involved as well. In fact some probably don't have either, they,re just that way inclined.

4. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's understandable as a Scot that you wouldn't know about issues with alcohol so it's fine ☺

5. Ses

Sestren Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    For sure. But I think even the most hardened hooligan would struggle to get as much down their neck between 9 and 11 as they would between 12 and 4! Also, let's not forget that while there is a proportion of people who are out for bother and for whom the football match is a bit of afterthought, probably a lot more trouble will come from the kinds of people who don't necessarily aim for a fight or to get hammered but who can't take their drink when they are, which is very easy to accidentally do if you've got five hours to kill before the match starts and you decide to spend it in the pub.

Should point out that I've very little sympathy for them - I've had a few sessions in my time and never ended up having a fight - but that section of trouble is far easier to control, and probably would be dealt with by a 12.00 kick off.

6. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    All leeds are and all they will ever be is flat track bullies who like lording it over towns and teams they see as inferior.
    They ****ing hate it when folk stand up to.em.
    ****.em.
    Leeds ****s.