Watching Blades v Leeds game and Pruttons just said.....

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Geddis memorial lav, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Geddis memorial lav

Geddis memorial lav New Member

Donkey buyer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    " Heckingbottom has over achieved at Barnsley".......Were 4th from bottom.Can someone elaborate how he has overachieved?

2. Arc

Archerfield Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He lasted longer than his results would have implied by having a genuine relationship with the fans........

3. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

It's typical of the stuff that people say when they're on the outside looking in.

Pundits can't possibly know all the ins and outs of every club, so they just make general comments.

Cowley said tonight that hecky has probably gone to leeds because he's "taken Barnsley as far as he can"

They all piss in the same pot and would rather upset the fans than fellow football people because they never know who they'll need to suck up to in future.

Getting Barnsley out of league one isn't an over achievement, and neither is getting results in the championship with good players.

If winning 6 games from 30 is an overachievement, I don't know what to say.

4. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Correct. It is just one of teh latest buzz words

5. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They are right. With the team we have anything other than rock bottom is overachieving.

6. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He has. Our squad was atrocious August - January. We should’ve been bottom.

Most on here thought the same before the season, loads were saying we’d be the next Rotherham

7. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Maybe. But ***** like Prutton actually mean is being in the Championship is overachieving

8. Sopwith Camel

Sopwith Camel Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Because we have a league 1 budget in the championship, so just to be here is over achievement....hurray for the little guy

9. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

That's your opinion yesturday I saw the 1st goal from open play in aslong as i can remember. Fulham came from a corner as did Sunderland. Could you tell me the last goal scored under Paul heckingbottom from open play? I think under hecky we were going down I think now we have half a chance.
    And hecky took over a league one side with mawson, robo, bree, scowern, isgrove, hammill, brownhill, watkins, Conor, winnall and Ashley Fletcher in who had just won 8 in a row under lee Jay not been funny but anything but promotion from league one was under achieing. We then started the championship with our key players and momentum behind us. I don't think promotion from league one with that team is overachiving.

Kettlewell likes this.
  10. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I agree with this 6 wins in 30 is garbage and so few goals scored but obviously all the players fault

11. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Keeping this current team out of the bottom 4 for so long was overachieving the rest is irrelevant. We have an created an incredibly poor Championship team. We scored once in a game again against one of the leagues worst teams as we have done on several occasions once again we lacked the quality to score again. It’s irrelevant which of the PH’s in charge we lack quality and ability in key areas.

Redstar likes this.
  12. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Promotion wasn’t an overachievement we have massive advantages at L1 level.

Keeping our current team out of the bottom 3 is. We are clearly one of the worst 3 teams in the league. Given form under Heckingbottom we were returning to where our ability indicated we should be so I’m not sure how many more weeks that overachieving would have lasted.

Conan Troutman likes this.
  13. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

It is your opinion the worse side ive seen this season is sunderland. Maybe on paper Sunderland have a decent side But games aren' played on paper. negative tactics playing Bradshaw as a lone striker to blast balls from defence to him, playing players out of position. And persisting with Adam davies in goal has contributed to us been in a relegation scrap. And Paul heckingbottom was key in recruiting the players you deem not good enough.

14. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So you can think of 1 worse team than us. Still puts us in the bottom 3. Yesterday Wednesday were incredibly poor and we couldn’t beat them after a decent first half once again we were appalling in the second. We lack consistency and ability.

If you don’t think the current team is an incredibly poor Championship team then it’s hard to discuss anything logically with you. I have been saying the same thing all season not like others who jump with results we recruited badly and any HC that keeps this team up will deserve a medal.

In terms of recruitment although the Head Coach has little input into the process they do have the final decision so they will inevitably take the blame/praise. The players aren’t good enough. That’s not my take. The League position shows it. Our lack of goals shows it.

Redstar likes this.
  15. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

I said Sunderland are the worst team I've seen it's Sunday morning I'm not going through all the teams I've seen and putting them into a league table. We were better than Wednesday yesturday and if not for a dodge pen who knows. Hecky said one of his reasons for moving was Leeds have a recruitment team where as here he would spend his time watching targets. He scouted ugbo admitted spent time watching him in u23s. You gave Wilson plenty of credit for his signings and scouting them so let's not have double standards.

16. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Do we have better players than Wednesday? When they are all fit and adequately managed. The best forward we have had in years they bought and he couldn’t get in there team. If you don’t think our current team is one of the worst in the league as I said it’s difficult to take you seriously.

Everyone knows the spreadsheet highlights the players and the HC chooses from that preselected list. They can do further scouting but have not been allowed or encouraged to find targets of their own. Patrick was very explicit on that. As I said the final decision lies with the HC so the final praise or blame lies with them. That’s been my view throughout and remains so unlike say you who if it’s someone you don’t like it’s either all their fault or they receive no praise.

17. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

When did I say it isn't one of the worst? Your putting things into my post to fit your agenda.
    Wednesday can do that they get 25k plus every week and have a extremely rich man pumping money into them. We are trying to live within our means which I think is a good thing not just in football in life although hard at times and we all like spending other people's money. while getting 12k home fans we will find it hard to compete at this level. Were a championship to league 1 yoyo club in this day and age of football. Hopefully get a new man in who likes to play players in correct posiions injects some confidence and drops players who are low on it and not performing. Sorry you can't heap praise on Wilson for Conor scowern ect like you did works both ways.

18. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So you agree that any HC that keeps us out of the bottom 3 is overachieving took a while but at last you say summat vaguely sensible. Strange that you have decided to argue against this for a daft period of time when it’s blatantly obvious and now you admit it.

As I said unlike you who changes views based on whether you like or don’t like someone my views remain the same. Wilson and Johnson. Both should be credited with operating the spreadsheet system of signings well. Though both failed to get those signings playing consistently or well. Heckingbottom by and large has not operated that system as well and our signings have been poorer. Whether that reflects a spreadsheet system that is better suited to L1 or not it’s too early to tell. But at the end of the day a HC will be judged by the players signed.

It’s Scowen btw

19. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

Yeah but we've only been "overachieving" because there have been worse teams. It's not down to how well we've got a weak squad playing.

We are now where we deserve to be over the season. That's not overachievement.

20. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Neither did I say that I haven't passed comment on wether it's overachiving to be out of the bottom 3. That' your opinion that it is. We should be finishing above Burton and from what I've seen of Sunderland they were terrible. I think yiadom, Lindsay, pinnock, Gardner, isgrove and hammill on his day are all good enough for this division and pinnock and cavare looked very promising. Davies should have been dropped many months ago. Anyway end of discuasion for me your getting pissy as always stating opinions as facts and your never wrong have a nice day.