We ain't done!!

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Redhelen, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Loko the Tyke

Loko the Tyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    And Woodrow has arguably been our poorest player since the restart.

2. Mrs

MrsHallsToffeerolls Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Nobody has had a go abart his pasion it comes across has one of his better attributes, but that passion must be channelled into the right areas. Both Stendell and Struber didn`t/don`t help the lad by the playing out from the back routine. Saturday he played well but yesterday without playing out from the back he looked faultless covered well for Solbauer and he looked to be the experienced one. Lets hope we ditch the play out from the back and he keeps this form going.

ATYKE1 likes this.
  3. Redhelen

Redhelen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    But not so poor as to not have him on the team which we would have faced without lockdown.

ATYKE1 likes this.
  4. Loko the Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Only because we know what threat he can cause and you have to leave players like that on the pitch for as long as you can. He'll come good, but you can't claim we're lucky that he's fit when he's been ineffective the last two games.

5. Stephen Dawson

Stephen Dawson Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If I was Schmidt I'd be pissed off. It's o.k being kept out of the side if the other striker is tearing it up. However, it's not so good when the main striker isn't scoring. It's possible to think what the hell do I have to do to get a kick. I actually think playing as an out and out striker as Woodrow is at the minute would actually suit Schmidt. In the past when Schmidt has played he's been expected to play in behind where Woodrow was playing and he doesn't have the work rate for that. Hence he looks crap.

6. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think there’s a lot of history been re-written here. Anderson’s made a lot of errors, as did Diaby. Far more errors than I’d ever seen ‘****’ players like Wiseman & McNulty make.

Don’t get me wrong some fans take it too far but I think our fans are pretty understanding when they’ve had to watch their key players leave to be again replaced by kids who are nowhere near the finished article.

I’ve no doubt Anderson will be a good player but it was madness to start the season with our 3 centre backs as 3 21 year olds from abroad with no championship experience.

It wasn’t the players or fans fault it was the board.

7. Nardiello

Nardiello Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yeah this is the point, right?

I think most fans agree with the plan, it's just that the execution needs to be twweaked! Anyone could have told them that we needed at least 1 experienced defender in there.

On Mads, he looks brilliant now! Glad to see he's doing well, and disappointed to hear he was getting targetted on social media etc!

I can totally understand the frustration we all had earlier in the season, when we were a total shambles and horrific mistakes were happening every week. Let's not pretend it wasn't embarrassing - we were right to be p***ed off. But it was the board that deserved the stick, not the players who were thrown in too early without some proper pros to help them out

Django and Redhelen like this.
  8. Gordon Owen

Gordon Owen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I've been waiting for that excuse if Struber keeps us up. How do you know we would have been relegated? Its guesswork. Normally it's a point deduction by another club, give the guy some credit for the way he's turned it around so far compared to the **** shower he took over.

9. Redhelen

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not meaning it against Struber but you can't deny these games behind closed doors have helped us, and we need every bit of help we can get.

Stephen Dawson likes this.
  10. Loko the Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    How have they helped us though? Because we've won two out of three?

We'd won three from five before the lockdown. We'd beaten QPR this season already, and Millwall, and should have got something at Blackburn and played pretty well.

Gordon Owen and Stephen Dawson like this.
  11. Ste

Steve Wood Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't think many thought he was totally useless. Many saw the potential he had, but knew he needed a break. The Championship season is a long hard slog for a young lad and he would've benefitted from time out of the side sooner. I'm not surprised he's come back stronger. The vast majority knew he had that in his locker.

Stephen Dawson likes this.
  12. Stephen Dawson

Stephen Dawson Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We'd also lost our momentum with two lack lustre defeats against Reading and Cardiff City. I think Helen makes a valid point.

13. Loko the Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Counter to that is that before winning three in a row we'd lost to Portsmouth, Birmingham and Charlton and only got a point at home to Wednesday. There were some lacklustre performances in there for sure!

14. Mrs

MrsHallsToffeerolls Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Team seems to have gelled and got better as the season as progressed and with a few additions. Like a lot said would happen due to the rawness of this seasons intake.

Redhelen likes this.
  15. Redhelen

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Maybe I'm thinking more about other teams not playing as well. It all helps!

16. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I’ve just got a bit annoyed in the last few days when I’ve seen posts on Facebook, twitter etc saying that ‘Anderson’s great when he’s not got 10,000 fans on his back’.

Just seems wrong to blame fans when I think it took lots of bad mistakes before anyone started singling him out for criticism & that the real reason he was struggling was that him, Diaby, Halme, both Williams, Oduor, Sibbick, Collins & Radlinger all had no championship experience & no experience playing together

Redhelen likes this.
  17. Redhelen

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I agree it wasnt solely the fans, he needed the time to get up to speed and that bit of experience next to him. And of course to get used to a new team.