We are the Gentry

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by PNEBoy, Mar 22, 2015.

1. PNE

PNEBoy New Member

PNE Fan in Peace

First of all I'd like to apologise for the behaviour of some of our fans in pubs or whatever. We, like all clubs, have plenty of thug fans.
    Anyway, this is my take of the game.

1-1 couldn't have been a fairer result. Although overall you had more possession, I think we showed why we're above you in the league; we should have scored a lot more (what a save keeper first half by the way!) You're a decent side, but we've played against better, I.e Chesterfield and Bristol. 1st half you started brightly and we were slow, didn't get out the traps. We got the goal, and played like we have done for the majority of the season. Powerful, quick, sharp, creating chances. You looked weak and werent in the game.
    Second half, we changed to 4-4-2 for some reason, forcing us to go long. You had lots of territory and possession, but you didn't create many guilt edge chances. Oh, and your right back is rather abysmal.

Anyway, I think you'll make the play offs, and If we go up I hope you join us back in the Championship where both our prestigious clubs belong.

COYW.

2. Whi

Whitey Guest

Agreed.

Debatable. We missed one from about six yards. But yes, Davies' save was impressive.

Not been overly impressed by PNE this season, we've definitely played better. I'd rather play you in the playoffs than MK or Swindon.

Mason Holgate? 18 year old Barnsley lad who's 400 times better than any of your full backs, particularly the spineless lovely person who didn't make your squad again for our match. Mason Holgate, who created our equalizer.

I'm not so sure. But cheers.

3. icer

icer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We have a young squad and in the process of rebuilding so for me I'm happy with the performance yesterday and wish we had a budget to match yours. Holgate is an 18yr old Centre half playing right back and i thought did ok. He is being tracked by several premier clubs including Arsenal if the papers are to be believed. You looked a decent side yesterday but no better than us over the 95 minutes. Draw perhaps a fair result when you look at both teams chances and possesion. I just wish we had the luxury of a fully fit squad to see how we would have performed with the availability of our 3 missing mids. You have the trade mark of a Grayson side with the slow timing the ref. Good luck for the rest of the season, your in second on merit and deserve to be in a good position of the run in.

4. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Never saw any trouble in during or after game just a load of pne fans who were dressed asif they were part of a amish cult and a few 16-19 year olds on the front rows giving it big en thinking there "hard" but every club has them. As for you should have scored loads more I disagree davies made a good save first half we blazed a great chance over bar second half draw fair result. And wiseman isnt half the player holgate is where was wiseman yesdi? Good luck with your season.

5. man

mansfield_red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Was thinking "fair enough" until I read this. You're going to feel like a right pillock in 3 or 4 years.

On the whole it was a good match and a lot better than Boxing Day when we were diabolical and you were only a shade better.

6. I'm Spartacus

I'm Spartacus Well-Known Member

Missionary
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I only see the oppo once a season, so it's probably an unfair comparison, but Swindon and MK Franchise were far superior to your somewhat rustic approach. If you get promoted you'll struggle big time without wholesale changes...Just my opinion...

7. PNE

PNEBoy New Member

Seeing a lot of people saying Swindon are better, and you're right. They're a better side, but we've got better players therefore more clinical.
    Also been asked where is wiseman. This the only problem I have with Grayson, if we win, no matter good or badly, he'll keep the same 18. Wiseman pulled his hamstring so lost his place in the team so hasn't been in the team during our impressive run.

There is two times of the year; the football season, and waiting for the football season.

8. PNE

PNEBoy New Member

And having said your right back is abysmal, which I still stand by, I'd rather have him there than Tom Clarke. Tom Clarke is the best centre half in the league, and we play him at right back

There is two times of the year; the football season, and waiting for the football season.

9. Bossman

Bossman Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Also i reckon your lads breathed a sigh of relief when O'Sullivan went off, unfortunately he's not ours, good luck for the rest of the season,

10. Whi

Whitey Guest

He plays Ibehre onside for our leveller.

11. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You do have a good squad on paper serious question though are you not worried about not going up with the money been invested and risdale at your club?

12. Lenzo

Lenzo Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Funny isn't it that Preston fans keep saying that Wiseman had a pulled hamstring yet I stood and watched him take part in the warm downs and do a few sprint tests.

13. Duntpasstome

Duntpasstome Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Please don't come on here in peace then slag of our right back. PNE couldn't afford to buy him and he certainly isn't abysmal. Thanks for your comments but p#ss off

14. Dragon Tyke

Dragon Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    after all that condescending drivel...

I now hope you go into total freefall and fail to even be in the play-offs..

in peace indeed :mad:

15. Whi

Whitey Guest

This PNE fan has posted on their forum saying because it was quiet he thought he'd post a controversial thread on our forum. Sounds like summat I'd have done on Owlstalk. Gets a +1 from me for that. :)

16. PNE

PNEBoy New Member

Ey? That's not me!

17. PNE

PNEBoy New Member

I don't know where this myth has come from that we have a lot of money. You know how much money Grayson has spent in transfer fees? 50k. That's on Daniel Johnson. Absolute bargain. And I think the last time I saw, you along with Bristol and Sheff Utd had a higher wage bill than us!

18. fir

fired Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Our right back is likely to be playing at a higher level than Preston or Barnsley if he continues to develop. Not sure why you'd think him abysmal after one viewing, in which he did ok.

He's a real talent. Remember the name. Mason Holgate.

19. icer

icer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Is that him that wouldnt cross on his right foot or is that a different inept player?

20. ark

ark104 (v2) Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    In fairness Holgate (cross aside) had a pretty poor game yesterday. He wasn't getting tight enough to his man and stopping the cross first half and their best chances came from crosses from that side. But he is a young lad learning and I've seen far more experienced players have worst games at full back for us.