We didn't deserve to lose

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by David_Upper_East, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Mat

Mateo Corbo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Most certainly. But don't see that as an excuse. Surprised that a lot on here think his comments were fair despite his opinion on the first goal and the assertions that they were the better team for 65 mins.

2. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

I listened to his interview on radio Lancashire on way back,

I think it put into perspective the different expectations in this league, and to fair the summariser did say we are the best team to visit and are really a championship team.

Coleman thought they were great, but I expected them to be better at home. Thought they huffed and puffed and created little.

Clutching at straws talking about penalties not given and whether Moore meant the backheel

I don't think the reds really got through the gears today.

Mateo Corbo likes this.
  3. Young Nudger

Young Nudger Well-Known Member

Counting great crested newts
    Hiding in a reed bed at the local RSPB nature rese
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Me neither.
    Seems to be a top bloke.

4. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Me neither

5. Nottinghamtyke

Nottinghamtyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The back heel by Moore and the finish by Woodrow first class. The miss hit pass from Cavare which was probably going out of play hits their fullback and goes straight to Moore was a fluke. Although his comments that they didn't deserve to lose way off the mark

6. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think his comments are pretty fair with a slight bias towards Accrington but nothing ridiculous.

It reminded me of many of our championship games where we’d be the underdog like Accrington were today & would match the favourites in overall play but the favourites having that little more quality & pace in the final 3rd to create better chances would make the difference.

He’s right about us after Fryers got sent off, we were superb. I remember Pinillos, Lindsay & Pinnock all winning numerous headers & clearing danger.

Good to see Jordan Clark playing well at a decent level. Always like to see local lads who came through our academy doing well

anstonred and Connor like this.
  7. fit

8. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Interesting to hear/read that both their manager and their fans think we're very good at seeing a game out, using up time, influencing the ref, managing the game and being professional (they haven't complained about it either, it's actually been a compliment). Many people on here complain that we don't do that.

9. Mat

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  10. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don’t think we do normally but we did today. Think it must’ve been needs must with been down to 10 men

11. Mat

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yeah that jumped out at me as well. With the amount of last minute goals I've seen us concede over the years I tend to believe that Barnsley have an inherent ability to mismanage games.

12. fit

No mention of their own players theatricals to make sure Fryers got a 2nd yellow though.

I actually thought we were at our best when a man light. Dunno about time wasting, we got on the front foot, and better choices would possibly have brought more goals on the break.

David_Upper_East likes this.
  13. David_Upper_East

David_Upper_East Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Some of his comments really annoyed me...

14. David_Upper_East

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I have to agree - it was that comment that annoyed me more than most and then saying that we influenced the ref and tried to manage the game - when their players managed to persuade him to give out three yellow cards rolling around and making tackles seem worse than they were. Of course he is going to give us some praise - he's not going to say we lost to a ***** team. But he does say "We didn't deserve to lose today@

15. David_Upper_East

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Probably spent about 15 minutes on the floor. Never a 2-0. Four basketball players at the back. We should have had a penalty.

16. Redhelen

Redhelen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    After reading their comments:

Compliments to our goalie for his time wasting tactics!

Seems a bit stupid to look to get yellow cards for the opposition if they never play well against 10 men!

Great that they're enjoying theyre time in league 1. And I hope they carry on doing well to show its not all about money.

17. icer

icer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Seems a good interview to me. I took it as a good manager who's been around the block and knows all the tricks of the game. Came across as frustration because he saw we used all of these professional tricks to put ourselves in a winning position and then see the game out. He thinks we are best in the league and they gave us a bit of a game. I haven't seen an opposing manager yet balance off things like pens, time wasting, influencing the ref, to their opponents. All ok for me although the wages dig at Kieffer was uncalled for.

18. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I can't believe what he's saying with his salty comments. He was watching a different game to me. Our first goal was class and our second was full of energy against a far more tired team with an extra player. Pretty much all game they had anti football tactics of surrounding the ref every chance they got, even at full time. These chances he mentions they had, I didn't feel threatened by them all afternoon. We finished the game stronger with chances such as when Potts wasn't played through and when the goalmouth scramble lead to Pinnock shooting straight at the keeper when either side would have been a goal.

He played down Moore by mentioning money. Instead of enjoying a record crowd he played that down too because of how much of it was away fans instead of just enjoying how far they have come. He mentioned coming to us thinking we won't be looking forward to it. I would say on our longer and wider pitch with more room for our superior players to work with, when they come to us it will be another win to nill by a few goals. Their keeper was shocking struggling all afternoon rarely finding his own player with his kicks and flapping at the original shot for our second.

He's done great their as the manager. Some guys just fit one club better than going somewhere else and he's one of them like Hammill with us and Hill for Rochdale. But yesterday the best team won and he should have no complaints with how it went, especially with three officials making it 14-11 and then 14-10. He didn't mention the ref somehow finding six minutes injury time and then adding more time to that.

anstonred and fitzytyke2 like this.
  19. fit

3 of us in car were all in agreement. Had he seen same game?

Seeing the game out? Apart from a little run and shot past the post they never looked like taking advantage of the extra man. We actually cut them up more with 10 men.

He's welcome to his opinion that they were the better team for 65, but I don't agree. The game was even until the goal. If he thinks that's them being better, then he's easily pleased.

My view is that they were workmanlike on the day. Not a lot in the final third, as my Accrington mate predicted, and we beat them without really clicking.

dreamboy3000 and Mateo Corbo like this.
  20. Exi

Exile Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Listened to Radio Wancashire in the car after the game and they had the old Blackpool striker Brett Ormerod as summariser. He said that we were the best team by far that had seen in this division this season.

Coleman said very little that I wouldn't have expected in public but in private he will know they were well beaten and for every one thing that he thinks went against them, there were probably three or four that went against us.

Has anyone mentioned the cast-iron penno we should have had at the end of the first half to go in 2-0?

fitzytyke2 likes this.