What one rule change would you make to football?

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by BarnsleyReds, Mar 21, 2018.

1. wak

wakeyred Well-Known Member

the clues in my imaginative online moniker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    back chat to the ref = 10 yards further forward, 2nd offence by the team 15 minutes in the sin bin for the player.

2. DSLRed

DSLRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Only the captain allowed to talk to the ref.

And where the game is at a high enough level so the tech is there to support it, the ref miked up so we can hear it. As in Rugby.

Andy Mac and SFOTyke like this.
  3. MDG

MDG Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    3 Points for a win, Zero points for a draw or loss.

Bonus point if a teams wins by 3 clear goals.

4. Sta

Stahlrost Well-Known Member

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Remove timekeeping from the referee and let the 4th official do it. Each half to consist of 30 minutes of actual "ball in play" time, so that time wasting no longer has a point (except to give players a breather). Each time the ball goes out of play, or a free kick is awarded, the clock stops until play restarts.

Sestren likes this.
  5. Ripper

Ripper Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    A rule I’d like to bring in, if you go down under minimal contact, you’re banned for 3 years, your club is relegated to the league Shaw Lane are in or lower, and if after the ban it happens again, you’re banned for life, your club is put out of business, and every member of your family is put in prison in Thailand for 5 years, if the offence happens in the penalty area it’s instant death. That should sort the game out.

6. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If the opposition kick/throw the ball away when a throw in or free kick has been awarded, the fouled team are allowed to take it from where the opposition player threw it to (obviously this only counts when they throw it forwards).

7. Ses

Sestren Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That's mine too.

8. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    The bigger cities tend to be split into multiple local authority districts. Manchester United for example is in Trafford with an estimated population of 233,000, almost identical to the metropolitan borough of Barnsley, so there's no reason to believe they would consistently produce more talent than us when there would be similar numbers to pick from. London has 32 boroughs. Harringay, home to Tottenham, has a population of 255,000, Islington, where Arsenal play, has a population of 215,000, Kensignton and Chelsea just 159,000.

This isn't true either. Talented football players are not uniformly distributed over the country. You can get pockets of talent, lots of good players cropping up in one place at the same time. It may be in a town or a city, but equally it may be a rural area.

The suggestion I wrote is never, ever going to happen, but it would prove a far leveller playing field than what we have at the moment. Unfortunately, as they only have one team, it would give Leeds a bit of an advantage.

9. DON

DONKEYDOO Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I give a time limit of thirty seconds for the goal scoring team to get back in position or the other team can kick off regardless

10. DON

DONKEYDOO Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    make it that you can only play for the town you were born in that would stop the influx of foreign players and would mean that derby games would mean something

11. Dragon Tyke

Dragon Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I would accept that too... I thought a line from the 18 yard box to the touchlines could be marked and you could only be offside in the 18 yard area.

Another rule I would like to see introduced is "Sin Bin" like in Rugby. And the other ting I would like to see is the blood/injury subs as in Rugby and Cricket. So a player can be subbed for free or temporarily when an injury occurs. This would allow managers/coaches the full use o3 tactical subs, but would not punish a team if a player is off injured.

12. Dragon Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    maybe if the timekeeper actually stopped the clock each time the ball went dead, and restarted it when the ref blew and it went live again. That way the max amount of playing time would be achieved. They stop the clock in Rugby for this so why not do the same in soccer.

13. jedi one

jedi one Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    1st, i'd put the offside rule back the way it was, I mean if a defending player is down with say cramp by the corner flag he,s clearly not active but is playing everyone onside also if a defending player looks in the direction of a "non active" attacker then surely that player is now active. 2nd the length of goal celebrations, if the side that has conceded are lined up and ready to go the they should be allowed to kick off irrespective of the position of the opposition, if a player tries to prevent this it should be an automatic red card and 5 match ban. red/yellow cards, I would still have straight reds but alter the 2 yellows = a red. 2 yellows in a game is a 1 match ban, 3 yellows is a 4 match ban, 4 yellows 10 match ban. definite dive/simulation 15 match ban and team deducted 10pts. all very draconian I know but the games gone to ratshit and needs a good sort out, it wouldn't half alter the attitudes of wenger and warnock

14. #FWF

#FWF Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Back to one substitute per team. 6 possible substitutions breaks up the flow too much.

15. tobyornottoby

tobyornottoby Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Make the maximum amount that you can spend on players each season a multiple of the crowd you attract
    e.g Man U get 75000 so they can spend 75 million
    Barnsley get 12000 so they can spend 12 million

Plus have Rugby League referee discipline.

16. Dragon Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    at what point are they blind folded strapped to a post with a last cigarette...a white cloth pinned to their chest and then shot.... that would learn the buggers.

But it could not work... as there is no smoking in the stadiums these days innit.

Discipline that's what needed ... I was shot at dawn many a time in the RAF... it made me the man I am today... shot some sense into me it did....

"wonderful race the Romans"... EH?

:confused::confused::confused:

17. Dragon Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Bloody hell that would be Man utd , Man City, Spurs, Chelsea to name but a few done for in their next games

18. Tek

Tekkytyke Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Any replay of a match abandoned due to weather conditions should start with the original scoreline at the time the match was abandoned. Therefore a team winning 3-0 would start with the same advantage they had built up. Only fair especially if a game is abandoned with only 20 minutes or so left and one team has a big lead.

19. Sea

Seattle_Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Chelsea play in Hammersmith and Fulham, as do Fulham and QPR. No club would move to K&C. The average age is about 80 as most people there are members of the House Of Lords. No one from H&F would become a footballer as they couldn't afford a pay cut.

If this proposal were implemented I'd advocate a move to Rampton. Nobody but nobody would would put a tackle in on us.

20. Xer

Xerxes Well-Known Member

Ex-oil Company Project Director
    West Riding of Yorkshire or St Selve, France
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Remember a foul being given against Carl Tiler for doing that.