What other fans said/posted about us

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Acido Tyke, Sep 9, 2017.

1. occ

occook Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's just typical opposition moaning.

Will watch the match on ifollow, but sounds like they were average and we were slightly off our best.

Think it's great we're picking up points while this team of players steps up.

Lots of these boys stepping up from L1 or L2/non league or from U23 football. And they are beating or drawing with established championship teams. 6 games into the season. With 6/7 first team players still missing from the squad.

SFOTyke, Duntpasstome and churtonred like this.
  2. Duntpasstome

Duntpasstome Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think we will find a lot of teams are average this year and as soon as we find our feet anything could happen. No one expects us to do well but unless they take us seriously we will turn a lot over ie like Sunderland. LJ, wilder and big mick took us seriously as they know what we can do the others didn't. I like being a team like barnsley.

Connor and judith charmers like this.
  3. jud

judith charmers Well-Known Member

Travel advisor
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Rightly or wrongly 'time wasting' as they call is more often than not a tactical ploy to take the sting out of a game to unsettle the opposing teams rhythm.....it happens game in game out in the country.

My thoughts on this is '**** em' the ignorance showed by most teams in this division is laughable.

What's even better about this season is that there's a good 12/13 team who think they'll go up.......sadly for those arrogant patronizing odious clubs only 3 will succeed.

A feel better now after having a little rant.

Enjoy your Sunday:)!!!

4. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Being called tinpot by PNE. You couldn't make it up.

5. Bak

Baka Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We definitely were time-wasting. Taking an age over goal-kicks. People were commenting on it and saying it isn't like us.

Not that I care in the slightest. Other teams do it to us all the time. We needed to do whatever we needed to do to get our first point away from home.

6. Skryptic

Skryptic Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    ******* hell, were we playing Real Madrid or summat? Some bloody brass balls on that lot, if there's a "team like Barnsley" in this league it's them. Comparatively small town on the doorstep of two major cities.

7. Bak

Baka Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Be fair. They were amazing back in the '80s.

The 1880s.

8. Merde Tete

Merde Tete Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The thing is, I actually quite like Preston. See them as a similar sort of team to us. Most of their fans I've encountered have been very knowledgeable types. Plus we have a cracking recent record at Deepdale.

9. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I used to not mind them until the "gentry" day. They are similar to us so a bit laughable for them to call us tinpot.

10. #FWF

#FWF Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I was thinking it would be a good name for this forum. The Barnsley FC BBS never did sound very imaginative. Sounds like a building society.
    Teams Like Barnsley - the Barnsley FC forum. Now that's better.

JLWBigLil likes this.
  11. Gordon Owen

Gordon Owen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    When they had teams of mechanics to compete with? Even Wednesday were prolific with the trophies back then...

judith charmers likes this.
  12. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Surprised we've not started selling a teams like Barnsley t shirt yet. Club shop would sell them out within a day.

Connor likes this.
  13. Exi

Exile Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    A few observations:-

On feigning injury - Quite the opposite really, particularly given we were playing a rough-house team that kept cynically fouling the likes of Hammill. I recall Gardner going down but he had actually been injured. Other than that my main abiding memory is saying to my mate at the time that we just don't go down and roll around as much as other teams when Hugill brutally poleaxed Liam Lindsay from behind after the Scotsman had made a total monkey of their Neanderthal front man. Had Liam made a Bristol City player-type meal of it Hugill would have had to go but our lad is hard and he just got straight up and got on with it.

Time-wasting - As pointed out above we do take a tad longer than them to re-start, mainly because they just hoof-launch everything and we take a little longer to explore 'playing-it-out-on-the-ground' options first. We were no worse than any other team and didn't even merit a booking from referee Bankes who is certainly no friend of ours (remember Hillsborough last season). In comparison to last season I'd say there were at least a dozen far worse time-wasting performances at Oakwell from Reading on downwards.

Two other points on time - Firstly, if they wanted to 'get on with it' why did they waste a good minute at least three times waiting for their lummox of a defender to wobble upfield, lean on the hoardings to get his breath back and wipe the ball within an inch of its life to take long (foul) throws? Secondly, they could have bothered to have had vaguely mobile/trained/competent/interested ball-boys - theirs made even ours look like greased lightning!

Overall I thought it was a decent point but had our finishing been better at crucial times I think we could have won it. They huffed and puffed but Davies had much less of substance to do than in other recent games before the top save at the end and, whilst they probably had more ball in and around the box, we had the fewer but arguably better chances, Barnes and Moncur both had similar positions to their goals against Sunderland and there was one right at the start of the second half where three players all seemed to scuff shots from close range that they probably should have buried.

The fact that a lot of their supporters are moaning but then picking out two defenders as two of their better three players betrays a more realistic conclusion for me. They're just bairning at the thought of not beating #TeamsLikeBarnsley (c) - again!

14. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Times like Barnsley FC

AKA The Likes of Barnsley FC

15. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Because they couldn't break us down we time wasting?
    These type of posters know absolutely nothing about football ,shunt bi giving em time of day .
    There's better posters on all forums that can give opinions on games that most football fans can relate to and give fair assesments on both teams.
    We have a few, Prince of Risboroughs one poster I like to read.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  16. shed131

shed131 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Its a form of respect really ..Teams like Barnsley....just goes to show how effective we are when we screw up their match day plan and they don't wear us down ....Proud to support the likes of Barnsley....You Reds

HowMuch! likes this.
  17. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's a great idea.

HowMuch! likes this.
  18. RedKestrel

RedKestrel Well-Known Member

TAL
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Preston ne are more on a par with likes of Donny or the like most of their town support mancs or Scouse teams.. fk em.

19. Don

DonnyTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Exactly what I was about to say. They've been renown for years for their sportsmanship. Horrible team to have to watch.

20. Prince of Risborough

Prince of Risborough Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Thanks Marlon! I've been absent for all but the Ipswich games so far this season but am planning on a double this week so watch out for my jottings on Derby and Villa.

Marlon likes this.