whats your pet hate

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by pramman, May 8, 2008.

1. Caz

Cazi New Member

A completely different planet to everybody else
    Home Page:
    Oh you mean the nwum nwum sounds

and the slurping? Well, that's just as bad as the crunching and chomping to me. It's not everybody's chomping tho', it's just that some grind and grate their teeth more than others.

2. Jam

James G New Member

Home Page:
    RE: Oh you mean the nwum nwum sounds

I'm getting irritated now just reading that!!

3. BRF

BRF Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    RE: Mother and baby parking spots.

Just wait until you have a baby, you'll find out then. It's not so fecking easy when you walk the walk.

4. Spa

Spartacus Well-Known Member

Barnsley, England, United Kingdom, 103126909727190
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    unbefeckinglievable

what a pair of pricks.

5. swindontyke

swindontyke Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Lorry drivers .....

who coast along next to each other on the motorway for 5 miles cos neither of them have either the power to overtake or gumption to drop back.</p>

Started a new job lately that involves a 45mile motorway commute there and back and this really gets on my t*ts and seems to be getting worse</p>

6. juttyp

juttyp Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Can't believe someone would admit to parking in these spaces and boast about it.

I once had to turf someone out ofa parent ( not mother by the way) and child space. He was about 50 and driving a 4x4. He was a ***** too.

7. BRF

BRF Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hippies

I'm not anti-liberal, but I'm talking about the dreadlock wearing, body odour, smash the capitalist facist state, don't get held down by 'the man' types. They can take their drum circles and dream catchers and stick them up their arses. :D

8. Man

Mancunian Tyke New Member

Seconded

few more pleasing sights than watching the riot police swing into action whenever the lazy feckers start whinging at a G8 summit.

9. fir

fired Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Idiots who drive around car parks as if it were a grand prix circuit

Making it a lethal place for pedestrians in general - especially elderly peopl or folks with kids.

10. BFC Dave

BFC Dave Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    Tippex as a harmful substance....

.... also personal injury lawyers !!!!!

11. DSLRed

DSLRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Ooh - quite a few - mostly driving related

1. DOUBLE PARKING.
    I hate entering a car park when there are no spaces left to find one or two cars that have parked straight down the middle of two spaces. Utter lazy ignorance. In public car parks I would gladly ticket them all.

2. Lorries that overtake each other on a dual carriageway when one is doing 56mph and the other is doing 56.000001 mph, thus ensuring a 3 mile queue builds up while they take 20 minutes to complete the manouevre. Generally speaking, they pull out just as I am approaching.

3. CLODS - Centre Lane only drivers, particularly when there is nothing else in front of them as far as the eye can see. You see it more and more these days as if it becoming almost acceptable. Non very pc of me to point it out, but it is usually women. I am starting to get into the habit of undertaing them, slowing down just as I pass to stare in disbelief.

4. Chavved up motors, where the spoiler cost more than the car. Actually, that can't count as a pet hate - its their money - it just makes me shake my head.

5. Inappropriately slow speed limits and the obsession with speed at the expense of catching genuinely bad driving.

Non motoring ones are:

6. Litter - my town swims in it every weekend - don't people have any sense of shame when they chuck it.

7. Automated phone messages - press 1 if you have lost the will to live etc. Try talking to a real person at BT these days - its almost impossible. After going through 4 layers of options recently the automated voice told me the answer was to ring the number I'd just rang.

8. Political Correctness - in particular the kind that makes officialdom reword stuff to avoid causing offense to minorities when the minorities themselves always say that it causes them no offense at all. Eg. Birmingham City Council calling Christmas "Winterval". Drives me crazy.

9. Benefit Cheats. In some towns 40% of the workforce claims incapacity benefit. The system is insane. On an individual level, how do people have the brass neck - I couldn't live with myself. I'm too honest for my own good. I'm one of the stupid ones that works.

10. The trend that developed over the last few years for people not to be able to pronounce 'th'. So they say 'free' instead of 'three'. "Do ya fink I'm fick?" YES i BLOODY WELL DO. It grates on me like fingernails on a blackboard whenever I hear it. People should be banned from working in jobs in the media if they have this affliction. Just hearing someone one the radio say ring o one free two free, free four four free free free makes me want to scream. (battered) (banghead) (banghead)

12. DJ Fatty Boy

DJ Fatty Boy Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    My fave post of the day, totally agree with you

Some bloody parents wanting the world to bend over backwards for them cos they've had a kid through their own doing, they even get extra money off the government. It's us tax payers that don't fill the schools and hospitals up with brats that should be receiving extra money.

DJFB for Prime Minister

13. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Cottage Pie being called Shepherd's Pie. nt

14. Alb

Albert Fatknacker Member

People who don't indicate at roundabouts.
    Those 'kin stupid american voiceovers on film adverts.
    People who say "24/7".
    Knacker chafe.

15. EastStander

EastStander Active Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    People who are going "straight on" at the roundabout but indicate right past the first exit whilst they are in the left lane!

Oh and then people who don't indicate at all on the motorway roundabout but then indicate at the end of the slip road - as though there was anywhere else you were going to go, it was on the roundabout I didn't have a fecking clue where you were going!

16. juttyp

juttyp Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Are you taking the piss mate?

The way supermarkets cram parking spaces into the available space is unreal. Ask yourself how many times you have parked in a space and struggled to get out of the car and then imagine trying to get a child seat out of the door. These things aren't small or lightpal. The spaces are bigger and nearer the store for so many reasons, So you can put a pushchair up, open the door fully so you can get your child back into the seat, have them stand next to the car not behind it while you put shopping away, they are near the store so parents don't have to carry the kid far to get a trolley, not far to walk with a baby in a car seat in bad weather, etc. Yes we did choose to have kids the same way as supermarkets choose to offer us safer parking so we will continue to shop there ( and also they chose to squeeze as many spaces in as possible). As a parent of a 3 year old I won't mind parking a bit further away but only if the spaces were big enough.</p>

17. Ron

Ron New Member

Home Page:
    People who change the team they support

depending on who is doing well(i know several of these *******)
    and chavs.i really really despise chavs.

18. DJ Fatty Boy

DJ Fatty Boy Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Deadly Serious as always

The supermarket carparks are not more cramped than they used to be, it's the cars that are getting bigger.

It's my anti car/lazy people side coming out, cramped supermarket carparks don't bother me as the odd time i do visit one of these hell holes i normally walk, quite an alien idea in 2008 where people have stopped walking anywhere. Probably the reason England is getting fatter and lazier by the minute.

I've been contemplating setting up a website called something like www.parkingmad.co.uk where people send photos in of really badly parked cars in and around Barnsley.

19. EastStander

EastStander Active Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    RE: Can't believe someone would admit to parking in these spaces and boast about it.

In Morrison's car park a while ago, a women in her car wanting a parent/child place challenged a woman parked in one who was walking away from her car with an older (teenage) child, asking her if she had a child? The woman walking away got veru abusive and said "What the **** has it got to do with you, actually I do and they are in the car" and then proceeded to go into the supermarket leaving her kid in the car!

20. Gue

Guest Guest

People who can't tell the difference between "your" and "you're"