While we wait for the Minority Report..........

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by orsenkaht, Sep 13, 2017.

1. orsenkaht

orsenkaht Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    A great and committed performance from our lads, and above all a thoroughly entertaining game.

As I've said before, tactics and formations aren't really my thing. However..... Did it look as though Rowett dropped an extra man back in midfield second half to try and contain us? If so, that worked until Hecky brilliantly went 4-4-2 and helped us turn the game. Like the players, the Head Coach is getting better and better! Secure his long-term future please, Mr Lee.

2. Plankton Pete

Plankton Pete Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Thought they played some great stuff at times, Williams, Moncur and Potts working well as a unit. If we can tighten up at the back (which having a settled back four should allow) then we're in for some exciting times. He gets stick from some, but I thought Moncur was excellent. We saw last night, the player I thought we'd bought last season. Hope he continues to play in this way.

3. Abruzzo Red

Abruzzo Red Well-Known Member

Retired - Formerly Gosport Tyke, 2013 - 2022
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Completely agree with this. I will admit that I have been a tad frustrated by Moncur at times but I thought he looked composed and was always looking for the ball last night, he is definitely a confidence player, and long may it continue.

4. Red

Red Rain Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm sorry, but there will be no Minority Report as I was not there. It sounds like I missed a real treat.

Service will be resumed on Saturday.

5. blivy

blivy Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think early on they gave Williams far too much time and space. He could pick out Moncur, Potts, McCarthy and Pearson at will and the movement (particularly from Potts and Moncur) caused them all sorts of problems.

They then stuck a man on Williams and we found it much more difficult. Pinnock and Jackson had to play it long because the short pass wasn't on and that's not Bradshaw's game.

However, when we switched to 4-4-2 and Bradshaw had the support of Thiam we caused them lots of problems again. Thiam gave us an outlet and it was a lofted ball forwards to him that led to Bradshaw's goal. We managed to pin them back and eventually the pressure told.

Aylott likes this.