Why I don't like Wednesday

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by e-red, Jan 13, 2017.

1. e-red

e-red Well-Known Member

Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    When I was at school in Wombwell all the glory hunters were Wednesday fans. They were in the first and we were in the third. When Leeds got good the same people then became 'life long' Leeds fans. In all fairness we were pretty poor in those days and went to the fourth and almost disappeared from existence.
    After Clarcky came we began to get some pride and we produced the best side I've seen at Oakwell. We began to beat the Sheffield clubs and have pride in our town and our club.
    Wednesday have always been opposed to our progress taking players and taking our most successful manager at that time.
    Their journeyman manager taking our best players for next to nothing just rubs it in. I wonder whether the people who allowed this decision for 30 pieces of silver remember who we are and who they are. I would have activated every last second of those contracts and I would have denied the Owls the privilege of those players even if they languished in the reserves.
    This is a kick in the teeth for all true Barnsley fans.

2. Ext

Extremely Northern Well-Known Member

Professional Northerner.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What did me (Wombweller too) was when we went a bit **** after Hunter left, lots of Barnsley 'fans' (well theyw ent to matches) started going down to Hillsborough, and then started giving it large whenever they beat us etc.

Had a pathological hatred of them ever since, but murderous intent towards anyone from tarn that supports them.

3. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Really struggle with the "fans" who are form Barnsley then laugh at us. I just don't get it. Its like me randomly saying i support Real Madrid now.

4. andytyke

andytyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I was opposite to that lol. When I was a youngn at school in west yorkshire everyone supported Man or liverpool. Me included as all my family are man u fans and my dad used to take me to watch them. when Leeds go promoted loads started following Leeds. Suddenly the schools were full of Leeds fans. I still followed Man U until I was about 15 and Barnsley started training on the new astro turf once a week during the winter at Fev High School. A few went to watch them and I started following Barnsley who are now massively my first team. So I went backwards from supporting Man U lol to Barnsley in the league below :)

5. Brush

Brush Well-Known Member

Ex-IT professional
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Same for me at Wath Grammar. To be fair though, Wath is nearer to Rotherham and about the same distance to Sheffield and Donny as it is to Barnsley. Crossover country I suppose. I only supported the Reds because my dad was a Red and took me when I was 10 (about 1966).