Winnall did say our fans were ****

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by twillo, Jan 15, 2017.

1. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What's his twitter name? Can't find him.

2. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He's not really. It was a photo of him on Ryan Kent's instagram that a load of people have used to send to Winnall

3. Sopwith Camel

Sopwith Camel Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Am wi you mate.. some absolute tosspots on here.. bitter little fcukwits

I refuse to waste anymore of my time reading their absolute *****..

4. Gol

Goldthorpe-Red Well-Known Member

Courier at DPD group UK.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Said the same, this board has committed suicide since Sam left for Wednesday. A classic example of our fans being blinded by hatred again. Don't come with all that play off rival etc because the majority on here are upset just because its Wednesday.... Get over it.

5. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Can't say I'm bothered either way. I liked Sam as a player. We will be weaker without him. I know nothing of him as an individual and cannot comment on any of that ********.

Sam had no links to the area so ideas of loyalty are just daft. He's a young man who saw the opportunity to sort his finances out for life. Who can blame him for taking that chance. And of course he will now be playing in front of 2.8 million fans a week.

6. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

To be fair to Winnall, I've heard some fans having a right go at him.

How he's no pace, and can't trap a bag of sand etc.

Also it's only last week at Blackpool that I sat near some fans that moaned continually during the game, and then there was the booing that was discussed on here.

I'm sure he wasn't referring to all reds fans, but we have got some **** fans, just like every other club.

You've only to read the other forums. Not everyone gets football regardless of how many games they attend.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

7. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    People don't have a problem with him leaving for more money (although he's got another 60 plus years if he's lucky to earn money so why the rush?) it's that he left for Wednesday and a picture of him signing a contract with them got released on a significant day in our club history which was shoddy. It's not a question of loyalty but after the best part of three years at our club and after all we've done for his career i'd have thought he would have grown to love our club and understand our rivalries, so it's sad he saw us as just another job.

8. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm not sure the news creeping out on the day of Rimmo's funeral can be blamed on Winnall. He just signed a contract as footballers do and these days it's impossible to keep things underwraps blame whoever leaked the photo.

As for another 60 years. We don't know Sam's plans but the money offered is life changing money. If he handles it carefully if he doesn't want to work again in 4 years time he won't have to. That's massive.

As for loyalty. You wouldn't expect someone who worked at McDonald's not to take a better job at Burger King. A jobs a job.

Why would a brummie Arsenal fan care about our rivalry with Wednesday again if you feel the need to point a finger point it at those in the club who sanctioned it (not that I would blame them either).

9. dek

dekparker Well-Known Member

HGV Driver
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    and some of our fans think he is **** too,so swings and roundabouts,time will tell how good he his so leave him to it.

still think he shouldnt have signed on the day of rimmo's funeral tho.

10. Andy Mac

Andy Mac Well-Known Member

IT
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Footballer in 'badly advised by agent' shocker.

SW (one S) did OK for us at what he is paid to do. He never seemed to have that affinity that some players do, but unless we had a team of locals I guess that's a rare thing these days?

At the end of the day ........

He was a red who helped get us out of League One in an epic season.
    Now he's a pig, who will hopefully help them get into League One. Now that would be an epic season. :)

Time to move on.

11. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    When in the same place for a good length of time most people build up a feeling for the place. Look at Hammill for example signing a new contract with us. He understood what he helped achieved and therefore couldn't walk away from the club even though he'd have been well in his rights to do so. Winnall won't get regular first team football where he is. But once he's back out on loan somewhere playing regularly (probably by next christmas or by the summer if they get promoted) he won't mind because of his bank balance.

12. Mr C

Mr C Well-Known Member

Saving the world.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I reckon Hammill's wages might have unsettled Super Sam...

13. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If Conor and Scowen and Davies and Bree are all signed in the summer by Sheffield United. Do we then slag them off for some weird notion of loyalty.

Winnall did his job whilst at Oakwell fantastically well. 48 goals in 90 odd starts is brilliant. In 40 years supporting Barnsley he is the best goalscorer I've seen though nowhere near the best player. I don't know what the future holds for him and neither do you. If he gets on the pitch and chances are created he will score goals.

The sour are just boring.

I don't know whether Sam is a nice bloke or not it doesn't matter he's not marrying my daughter. He played a massive part in getting us promoted and gave me one of the best days ever with his goals against Wallsall.

You say he's been here for a bit and must have a feeling for the place. Maybe he does but that doesn't get in the way of sorting out your future he would be daft if it did.

14. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Can't blame adam hammill on this he has nowt to do with it. As many goals sam got last season or assists connor got or how good Mawson or marley were without adam hamill we wouldn't have been promoted simple as that. In the summer everyone wanted adam to stay and belived he would make the step up he signed a contract. Winnall had 6 months left on a 3 year deal he didn't want to talk about a new deal last summer and with 6 months left he has chucked his teddy out and kicked up a fuss and got his move..... Can't blame adam on this one

15. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Winnall and his agent leaked the pictures.... I don't know if he said our fans were **** I don't really care some of our fans thought he was ****... bloke at back of me in ponty is forever moaning about him like playing with ten men with winnall.... I'm with you as a footballer I liked him I don't know him personallybut he seemed to have a bad attitude at times over the 2 n half seasons he has been here. The way he handled the whole transfer is poor putting a tweet about wednesday and their fans then thanking his agent then had to be prompted to put a tweet to barnsley and our fans....

16. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I can't comment on who leaked the pictures though I'm sure Winnall has better things to do. His agent sounds believable but again we don't know the facts.

For my part I wish him well and hope after he leaves Wednesday he scores lots more goals.

17. Gordon Owen

Gordon Owen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Re: Footballer in 'badly advised by agent' shocker.

In the interview when he signed for the pigs, he said something along the lines of that when he played at Hillsborough a few weeks ago the atmosphere was electric with nearly 30k in the ground. I've read on their forums and our own, that the atmosphere from their end was like a morgue. All the noise was coming from the away end, they even commented on how good our support was.

He'll be saying he's a Wednesdayite next...

18. Mr C

Mr C Well-Known Member

Saving the world.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not blaming Adam. But if there's a disparity between wages at a club like us, it does cause unrest. That's why I disagree with people saying offer Conor 20k.

19. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They was only him his agent Carlos n Mr chansi there they was no press so take your pick

20. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    In these days of social media and camera phones and all that ******** who was there means nowt.