Winnall finishes top scorer, despite leaving in January

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Prince of Risborough, May 7, 2017.

1. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    I thought he looked like he had potential but he wasnt good enough at the time we had him. Not surprised he made a decent career as a footballer but I would have expected it to be second tier or lower. I didnt think he would be a solid premiership player. I am amazed that Chris Woods has done so well. I had him as worse than fellow international Rory Fallon and didnt see him playing outside the bottom two leagues.

Still some of us are old enough to remember David Speedie and he struggled in a 4th division side !

I just havent seen enough of Payne to have an opinion - he looked to have potential but then got injured and we never really saw him again

2. Prince of Risborough

Prince of Risborough Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    My memories of Speedie are a bit vague but I don't recall him playing as an out and out striker. He seemed too small for that role. However, we shipped him out to Darlington for about £5,000 and they turned him into a pocket centre forward. Amazingly, Chelsea then came in and took him even further, including getting Scottish caps. But for us he was nothing special, was he?