Winnall v bradshaw

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by redrum, Feb 15, 2017.

1. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Speaking to a wednesday fan at work today he was on about their win and how they didn't play well and they haven't been of late but still getting the wins and then went on about winnall saying he has struggled abit so far says he should have scored more than the one against Brum and his all round link up play with Rhodes last night was poor he was then took off for fletcher. Be interesting to see who scores the most bradshaw or winnall from when winnall went to wednesday till the end of the season. 2-1 bradshaw as it stands.

2. Plankton Pete

Plankton Pete Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Did Bradshaw's goal versus Leeds not count? 3-1 innit?

3. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Oh yeah forgot about that 3-1 bradshaw

4. Che

Chef Tyke Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley
    Really like Bradshaw, clearly an intelligent bloke and a good footballer. First class attitude and I think he will do well for us. Cracking arse too.

5. Skryptic

Skryptic Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Winnall should hope they don't go up. If they do when reinforcements come in it's not going to be the £10m signing that gets the kick out the door.

6. Wat

Wathred Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think there may be a similar Hourihane v Moncur thread over time judging on both players performance on Tuesday. Hourihane and Winnall did fantastically well for our club but I feel both have made bad moves and won't have long term futures at their present clubs. Apart from set pieces, Hourihane was largely ineffective and played 'safe' so I don't think he will live up to his billing and expectations of the Villa fans or management. His assist record is mainly centred around set pieces and that remains his main asset. Moncur surprised me. I must admit to having preconceived views based on how he was played at Colchester and when he played against us at Oakwell where he was superb with the ball but did nothing out of possession. At Villa park he was better without the ball than with it and strutted about as though he owned the place. He proved to me at least he can play as an orthodox midfielder in a two....just hope he can get game time to develop as he could be a gem.

Winnall had improved and to be honest surprised me this season - I though Bradshaw would have replaced him earlier in the season, but he did well however most of his goals were headers from set pieces. He wont get those chances at a higher level. Bradshaw needs to improve but his movement off the ball and all round game is better and has a better attitude. His first goal at Villa park was excellent, great movement and attacked the near post....a real strikers goal.

On another note Yiardom was fantastic. A better player than Bree is now and so I feel we have done good business there as you get results from ability today not potential for the future. I can't see Bree getting a regular start either as Hutton, alongside Adomah was their best player.

You can understand the lure of money but I do feel footballers make the wrong career choices and these 3 are good examples in my opinion.

7. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I agree especially bree we could have developed him much better than villa will. Conor was getting some right stick on twitter from villa fans one described him as beyond ****. And said can't he go back to barnsley he is only here for the money. Harsh and I think conor will come good for them but he thought our fans were harsh sometimes and villa fans are writing him off after 3 games.