With these new restrictions

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by granty the red, Sep 22, 2020.

1. granty the red

granty the red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Can you request a refund for season tickets? Last thing I wanted to do but I’m just getting fed up of it all now. Like most ppl are. We won’t be in the stadium at all this season and no way is spending that money on a season ticket to watch it on my phone value for money. I know the club need our backing but we are not billionaires like the owners.

2. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The owners aren't billionaires, it's a myth.

3. Fon

Fonzie Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Don't apply for a refund. Conway won't be able to buy his 5th football club.

4. Mid

Mido Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I doubt there’ll be any refunds available, you knew the chance you were taking when you bought a heavily discounted season tickets.

5. She

Shepley Red Well-Known Member

Building Surveyor
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's frustrating pal but as others have said you take your chance. I was debating right up until the deadline but didn't want to take the risk so was happy with the four match flexi. As you point out, I think it's unlikely fans will be allowed back into stadiums this season based on today's announcements and certainly not without a significantly reduced capacity which could be well into the new year.

6. wombwell-red

wombwell-red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Heavily discounted they may be but that difference is getting quickly spent on paying for away match streams that were proposed to be part of my deal to buy the reds reserved plus.

Yes I accept things change but swings and roundabouts mate, the goalposts moved there so why can’t we at least enquire about a refund now we know the state of play regarding Covid? we’ve got two season tickets in this house so ideally we’d refund one and keep the other for the home matches.

7. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    Its a tricky one- The club will point out rightly that the season tickets were heavily discounted and that you get iFollow codes worth around the same value as you paid for your ticket - considerably better value if you get a concession
    They are also having to run without matchday revenue which is a large issue - I think we all hoped there would be some admission during the season and there may well still be - but I dont see it happening before Xmas now

I bought my ticket knowing the risks and accepting iFollow would have to do - of course its not the same but its better than nothing
    I dont think the club has any obligation to refund a ticket. They may do something inventive for next season though to reward loyalty and we may get to see games in 2021 - who knows.

Shepley Red likes this.