YT’s QPR recap.

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Mr C, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Mr C

Mr C Well-Known Member

Saving the world.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Lovely. Just listen to what Toby says at the end. Gave me a little eye wee.. :)

Redhelen likes this.
  2. BarnsleyReds

BarnsleyReds Well-Known Member

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    Likes the sound of his own voice doesn't he?

Matt should be filing a written complaint, never hear the commentary as much when it's him doing it!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Mr C likes this.
  3. YTB

YTBFC Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    :D Haha. Whilst I get where you're coming from, if you're a regular viewer of the Recap, you'll know the footage we use on them is filmed through our own camera, that either me and Chris operate. A completely unique angle basically. It's the key part of the Recap I feel, that completely different look. Unfortunately, for the games where Matt hasn't been able to get to (Watford, Norwich and QPR), each Recap has the bog-standard iFollow Barnsley camera angles. Because, naturally, we are commentating and therefore unable to film that unique perspective.

And thus, without that angle and its associated audio, we have to use the standard footage which has that 'after the event, studio based' generic commentary over it (it's the 10-minute highlights package on iFollow Barnsley) so we have to use our recorded commentary file, to dub over sections. So it's impossible to completely mute that audio and just play clips. Hence you can hear where our audio jumps in etc. Bit of a make do scenario unfortunately.

I've done this job for five years, and you can count on one hand the interviews I've done on video etc. I'm always there, filming. But I never lead them. Unless there's nobody else to do it. I don't enjoy it basically. Same goes for the commentary. What it has done though, by having to fill in, it's given me greater admiration for anyone who does do it because it's not easy. Matt Bailey is a very good friend of mine who I've enormous respect for anyway, but since I first stepped in, that respect has only increased. Thankfully he's back on Saturday and I can go and stand near the dugouts again and do what I enjoy, film victories. :cool:

4. lk3

lk311 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Seen on TV at end of game a young lad with a camera at chest height mingling amongst the players, is that this?

5. BarnsleyReds

BarnsleyReds Well-Known Member

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    I'm only joking mate. I quite like the commentary over the play on the recap to be honest!

Couldn't resist the dig though :p:D

6. Red

RedLeader21 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I must say @YTBFC I was particularly impressed with how you and your commentating compadre handled having 3 players on the pitch at the same time called Dickie, Dike, and Dykes. Bravo!

7. YTB

YTBFC Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not last night it won't have been, no. Unless you mean Chris and his iPhone. He went down in injury time to film the post-match stuff on the pitch.

lk311 likes this.
  8. YTB

YTBFC Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Matt'll be mentioning it now, no doubt. :eek: