‘I have already succeeded’

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by orsenkaht, May 4, 2018.

1. orsenkaht

orsenkaht Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  2. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    ermmmm....no

3. North Yorkshire Tyke

North Yorkshire Tyke Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Dellusional.

He's slightly increased points per game return on Hecky but with a better squad ie he had two additional striker options.

I've not been strongly set either way on him but that comment does really annoy me

4. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He doesn’t help himself does he?

Dalestykes likes this.
  5. Sopwith Camel

Sopwith Camel Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hope he's gone up or down..

6. TitusMagee

TitusMagee Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I've been pro-Morais over the past few weeks as I felt it was largely down to quality as opposed to his managerial ability. I don't think these comments do him any good though and it is sending out the wrong message.

He should be saying he hasn't succeeded until he keeps us up, or not say anything at all...

7. Bri

Brian Mahoneys Waist Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The "I have already succeeded" isn't a reference to having stayed up.Please read again.

8. TitusMagee

TitusMagee Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I read it correctly the first time.

I still don't think it's appropriate to be saying that when in reality he has one objective and one objective alone which has been made clear by GG. He has marginally improved on PH's PPG ratio... hardly a "success".

I'm still happy for him to be here next season but these comments won't go down well with the majority of fans. It is hardly ambitious.

9. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    True. He was engaging in typical manager non speak. It's all meaningless as far as I can see. The only success he IS going to be measured by is keeping us up.

TitusMagee likes this.
  10. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    The inference is he has succeeded in what he has done and passed on to the players. As GG has said the remit of the new coach was to retain Championship status, the two are intrinsically linked. And should we get relegated, I don't think anyone would agree with Morais' sentiment that he had succeeded. Whether in passing things to the players, or our final league position.

In addition, it's completely the wrong message to be sending days before what is obviously now, the most important weekend of the season. In smacks of "me" ... its naïve, and its most certainly not helpful.

Whether we stay up or not, as pleasant a guy as he seems to be, I suspect its highly likely his approach, his impact on key players and the maverick, random and sometimes erratic decisions have often hindered rather than helped. Shame, but I'd rather take the decision to part, than provide a sizeable chunk of money and resource and see it frittered away.

John Peachy and TitusMagee like this.
  11. Bri

Brian Mahoneys Waist Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think sometimes the reporters are playing games.He comes over as a well educated positive guy so hes not going to answer with negative answers.He took over a team lacking in confidence and by telling them how good they could be is what the players need to hear.

12. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I don’t think the performance on Saturday justifies any of your observations tbh.
    He’s taken a team low in confidence and used to losing into a team that is putting together some very good performances ,
    Obviously not consistent as yet but we’ve seen what they are capable of in the Sheffield Utd and Brentford games .
    I’m more confident about our chances at Derby than I’ve been for most other games we’ve played under him or Heckys last few months .
    Obviously the players are playing out of they’re skin and a consistent run can’t be far off imo hopefully a back to back showing on Sunday will be just the job and if they do or not I think he should be given a transfer window .
    Players have shown a willingness and some have improved under him imo especially Hammill in his new role

13. Sopwith Camel

Sopwith Camel Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Is it cos he was successful in blagin the job in the first place..?

14. Acido Tyke

Acido Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Im all for the positivity and getting them to believe in themselves a bit more. And remember this style of positive man-management worked when Alan Clarke took the players daarn't pit!.
    But some of Jose's comments just sound ridiculous and if hed stuck to a settled squad instead of all these moronic pointless changes, we'd be safe by now I reckon.

Jimmy viz likes this.
  15. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Translation: these players are ****. I'm a miracle worker to have even managed to get us barely clear of the bottom three on goal difference.

16. DSLRed

DSLRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The main thing I take out of that article is that if we are relegated he is unlikely to our manager come August. And even if we survive there is a good chance he will move on as that is what he does.

If we stay up I'll be happy enough to see him carry on and be given a transfer window and into next season. I just won't be surprised if that doesn't come to pass.

17. Acido Tyke

Acido Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If this is going to be a fresh new start for us again as a club, regardless of what league we're in, Im not sure if I want us to make the effort with Jose anymore.
    I dont think hes good enough and I dont know if he'll want to stay around long enough to see it through so can we take that chance that he might walk out in less than a year and we'll end up back at square one again.

18. Ata

Atac Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I confess to being unsure of how to take Jose. I do think it is easy to misrepresent the true meaning and intent in some of his words due to the language nuances. I think he's saying he's got the team to play better, raised confidence, got slightly better results and is doing OK in the circumstances. All of which I think is true. Unfortunately, in many of his games we have ended up the wrong side of fine margin outcomes.

I think he could have done better. I think AN Other could have done better. I'd love to know if the players want him here next season. I'm conflicted - I don't like short term hiring and firing but that means you have to get the appointment right. Did we?

19. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He's bonkers. We have won once in fifteen games at Derby. They are another bogey team of ours. If we win tomorrow he will have succeeded of what was asked of him for this season.

20. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    That's the same hammill he totally ignored for how many games?

One swallow doesn't make a summer, and much of what I've seen is inspite of Morais, not because of.

I also don't equate result with performance, as fantastic a feeling as the blunts game was, Jesus we were lucky.

Brentford is just the about the only game with any intensity, we commonly stand off, we rarely press, and our energy is poor. Brentford is one of the very few games we've been solid in, but Brentford didn't turn up.

For the single solid performance, there have been many others which were beyond abject

Erratic, Maverick and random sums up Morais' time

I judge him by actions, not his bizarre words

North Yorkshire Tyke likes this.