[BFC SITE] CHARLEY EVANS RE-SIGNS FOR REDS

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Newsbot, Jul 9, 2024.

1. Newsbot

Newsbot Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    [​IMG]

Barnsley FC Women’s team is delighted to announce that Club captain Charley Evans has committed to play for the Reds again next season.

Barnsley born central midfielder Evans, who represented Huddersfield Town earlier in her career, has been key to the Women’s team’s recent success and will once again wear the armband next season as the Club faces new and exciting opposition following promotion last campaign.

Evans said, “It’s always a pleasure to play for my hometown, something I take pride in every time I put on my playing shirt. I am really happy to be part of this squad once again and excited to see what happens this season.

“We all know that with the promotion comes a big step for everyone. The tempo of the game and the quality of the players will change and therefore we’re going to have the put the hard work in off the pitch to show what we’re capable of.”

Head Coach Jess Horsley said, “Charley is a top player and a great leader, I am delighted that she will be playing for us again next season as we look to take the new league by storm. Our strategy is to keep the core of our squad and adding a few extra faces along the way and knowing we have Charley with us for the next part of the journey is great news.“

Continue reading...