[BFC SITE] JACKSON SMITH SIGNS FOR THE REDS

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Newsbot, Jul 9, 2024.

1. Newsbot

Newsbot Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    [​IMG]

Barnsley Football Club is excited to announce the signing of goalkeeper Jackson Smith.

The 22-year-old signs for the Reds on a four-year-deal, with a further option in the Club’s favour, for an undisclosed fee from Walsall.

After a loan move with the Saddlers during the 2022/23 campaign, Smith signed permanently and continued to provide impressive displays between the sticks performing in Sky Bet League Two.

The youngster’s first loan move was with Kettering Town in National League North, featuring 31 times for the Poppies during the 2021/22 campaign, on loan from Premier League outfit Wolverhampton Wanderers, where he started his career.

After putting pen to paper with the Reds, the Telford-born ‘keeper spoke exclusively to barnsleyfc.co.uk.

“I’m so excited, honestly, it’s the only way I can put it into words,” Smith smiled. “When a club of this size comes in and shows their interest in you – it’s just pure excitement.

“I can’t wait to get out there, meet everyone, and show what I am about.”

Sporting Director, Mladen Sormaz, added: “Jackson is an exciting young goalkeeper, and we are very happy to welcome him to Oakwell.

“Whilst being a good shot-stopper, he can play with his feet and commands his box well. We’re extremely pleased to secure his services amongst interest from other clubs and look forward to him joining our pre-season.”

Continue reading...