BMW / Audi Drivers

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by fired, Dec 27, 2023.

1. Arc

Archerfield Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Jesus, my wife drives a Range Rover we must be the worst drivers on the road.

2. orsenkaht

orsenkaht Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If only there were an outside lane..................

3. WG Red

WG Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There’s that many Audis/BMW’s on road these days that they just blend in with others in my eyes(and I drive an Audi btw)

4. onemickybutler

onemickybutler Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Haha. There will be exceptions but most folk driving them seem to have a sense of entitlement. Just my feeling….;)

5. Marc

Marc Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So a BMW, Tesla AND a Range Rover? What do your butlers drive?

6. RC_

RC_tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Grand idea but why, when the inside lanes are empty, would you sit in the middle? I always try to get back to the left side if I can, I guess you’re likely a middle lane dweller.

7. orsenkaht

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I try not to obstruct anybody, although I don't travel on motorways very often these days. Must say though, on a four-laner, I'd rather be one lane out than take my chance that something ahead has stopped dead on what used to be the hard shoulder. I'd always get over if something comes up behind me (usually exceeding the speed limit). I don't see it as a source of mental anguish if I have to move lanes to overtake someone though.

8. Arc

Archerfield Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I’ve not even bragged about the McLaren!

9. fit

fitzytyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    A lot of generalising going on here.
    You don’t have to have loads of money if you look for a used one that’s been well looked after.

I have a BMW 5 series, it’s 8 yrs old and I’ve had it 2 and half yrs. Sails through MOT and ive not had so much as a warning light on.

At the time of purchase, I looked at other makes of cars and Fords, Vauxhalls and the like we’re selling for similar money.

My previous 2 cars were a VW and an Audi, but the BMW is different class when it comes to drive quality. When you start going up the range, the better the drive is - they are known as a drivers car. It’s not a myth.

Owners and haters alike get hung up on the badge, but it’s all about the driving experience for those that appreciate it.

Take one out for a test drive - you’ll be smitten!

10. Austiniho

Austiniho Well-Known Member

Last year myself and the wife drove to the south coast. To alleviate our boredom, we played a couple of games. One was how long can you count before you see some litter… the record was 25 seconds.

Our other game was to spot the brands that went speeding faster than the speed limit. We were doing the speed limit most of the way down, where road conditions allowed. The majority of cars speeding or driving dangerously, were Audis and BMW. I know there are a considerable amount of these brands on the roads, but the correlation kept to our perceived prejudices…

11. Dys

Dyson Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    As a BMW driver, and a brand new EV version at that, I'm happy to report that I am indeed much better than you all, that I do own the road and I do refuse to obey the rules of it just to annoy peasant wagoners.

12. Tykeored

Tykeored Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    :mad:

13. lk3

lk311 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Had a 5 series from new, first couple of years was great but found the ride became quite hard and uncomfortable after those couple of years.
    Company sold it as was cheaper than to repair after just over 3 years.
    Was going circa 40,000 miles a year though.

14. pin

pingiskola Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

If this is a genuine reply what a pathetic excuse that is for not using the near side lane whenever possible, so I also take it you drive with your eyes shut and don’t like to check the traffic in front and around you and move out in good time???????

15. StatisTYKE

StatisTYKE Well-Known Member

Rodent Disposal Operative.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    My first job in 1980. One of my first clients was a car company. They were German and had just set up a HQ in this country. I knew nothing about cars but what I did know was that their cars were so expensive very few people would ever be able to afford one. ‘BMW’ they were called. In the way they were built and how they performed they left every other car behind. Over the years and as part of the job I drove many of their cars and in the 80s you stood out. This was a time when electric windows and central locking were a novelty. And there was a kind of resentment from a lot of people - ‘more money than sense’ ‘getting above himself’ ‘You drive too fast’ - an accusation levelled at me when I was standing by my car when it was parked.

BMWs are now far more common but I think that’s where the reputation was born. Just jealousy and resentment of something most folk couldn’t afford at the time. That kind of resentment and suspicion of something new has now been transferred to Tesla drivers. Some BMW and Tesla drivers are bad of course but so are some drivers of lots of other brands.

I remember driving one BMW though and was amazed at how every other motorist was extremely polite toward me. It was a BMW police car (badges and marking covered).

fitzytyke and WG Red like this.
  16. StatisTYKE

StatisTYKE Well-Known Member

Rodent Disposal Operative.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I’ve got one as well.

I think site admin should open up a new section of the BBS just for BMW drivers so we don’t have to mix with the peasants. Call it ‘The Fast Lane’

17. orsenkaht

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't think you've understood anything I've written there! My full licence was issued in March 1977 and remains unbesmirched by penalty points. I did have one appearance at the Academy of Speed Awareness though!

18. orsenkaht

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Does that mean it's your responsibility to repair that bloody great pothole at the bottom of Redbrook Hill?

19. Mul

MullerRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Like the way you threw in the word 'correlation' to make it seem like some scientific research instead of being the anecdotal claptrap that reinforces prejudice :D
    Nothing personal & just a case of me being anti stereotyping, where ALL BMW and Audi drivers are being smeared.
    If the OP had been about how bad women drivers are, then that'd have been a different matter - when I drive to Oakwell, me and my brother play a game where we check the sex of the driver that's causing the traffic to back up. Last Saturday, we counted 3 out of 4 drivers causing delays were female and were surprised our prejudice was reinforced to that level :eek:.
    Only joking of course, although I agree that all Luton fans are racist :rolleyes:

20. North Yorks Red

North Yorks Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Full of Audis mate :D