Car park fines………cheeky B@&£?€%S

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by judith charmers, Jul 24, 2024.

1. jud

judith charmers Well-Known Member

Travel advisor
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So last month I parked at Hull ferry Port car park, followed the ‘RingGo’ payment app for 4 days and made payment…….gets back the Tuesday morning with still 9 hours of parking left to find I’d got a ticket…..tried to call them but to no avail so filled in the appeals form and submitted a screen shot of the time remaining but also the app self generated tax invoice…….

This is the reply……..

Site: P&O Ferries, Hull
    Issue date: 15/06/2024
    10/07/2024
    Further to your appeal received on 05/07/2024 regarding the above parking charge, I have now had the opportunity to review this case and my findings are below.
    Having considered the content of your appeal, we are prepared on this occasion to cancel this parking charge notice.
    However, please be aware that future correctly issued parking charge notices will not be cancelled.

How on earth can they make out like there doing my a favour when it’s them that’s fukd up!!!! How’s it correctly issued when I’ve followed there process the dumb ********

Absolutely boil my pis5 companies like this

Redhelen, Mido, Journo Tyke and 8 others like this.
  2. Archey

Archey Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    When I used to work in Leeds, I used to use a car park that had those number plate cameras when you entered and exited. I used to have to send a text message every day with how long I wanted to park for. Because I went every day, I used to just copy and paste the previous days message, and every day, I'd get a confirmation text saying what time I had to leave the car park by.

One day, I got a fine through the post saying I'd overstayed by 7 hours. When I checked my texts, I'd sent my usual text requesting 10 hours, but instead of a confirmation text that day, I'd received one saying "are you sure you only want to park for 1 hour". I'd obviously not realised I'd received a different confirmation, so hadn't replied. When I went online, I found out that it was a common trick some of these companies did. I contested it and it got overturned; I got a similarly patronising 'please read your confirmation carefully in future' letter back.

What annoyed me was that the original letter had a picture of me entering and leaving the car park in my car, and a lot of 'threats' in red letters. It made me feel like I'd done something wrong, even after I'd figured out I hadn't.

Redhelen and judith charmers like this.
  3. AthersleyRed

AthersleyRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    P&O is a very ah.. questionable company, to say the least

Redhelen likes this.
  4. jud

judith charmers Well-Known Member

Travel advisor
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The corner building that housed the Chicago rock which is now a car park…….last season I tried to park for one of games…….theres 3 payment machines there, I tried all 3 at least 3 times and not one would work, it probably looked like a comedy sketch after 15 minutes running between machines getting more pissed off……..what come through post 4 week letter, yes, a parking fine :D:D:D

They got a strongly worded appeal…….as it stands I’ve not heard out but I suspect it’ll not end there

Redhelen and Archey like this.
  5. Archey

Archey Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    With how long as passed, I reckon you've got off that one too, and they've just not had the courtesy to let you know they've dropped it.

6. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Will got one once for ‘not parking between the white lines’ in a free Sunday car park in Leeds city centre (the potholed badly tarmaced one that used to be opposite the Rose Bowl that’s now apartments). They soon cancelled it when we pointed out that there were no lines!

Redhelen and Scoff like this.
  7. DSLRed

DSLRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    LOL!

JamDrop likes this.
  8. Tyke The Tree-Frog

Tyke The Tree-Frog Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Aye they love doing stuff like this because a lot of people don't like the hassle of sorting it out so just pay it. They're right crafty buggers.

Redhelen, Wuz1964 and JamDrop like this.
  9. Merde Tete

Merde Tete Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yep, had a similar one in Lincoln. Had to appeal to the ombudsman to get that one overturned as the private enforcement company rejected my initial appeal. Went and photographed the supposed lines. Lucky I don't live very far away. Not sure what I'd have done if the car park was somewhere miles away.

Redhelen and JamDrop like this.
  10. Old Goat

Old Goat Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You could stop all this by introducing a fixed charge in the customer's favour every time a parking fine is challenged and subsequently cancelled. They wouldn't be so quick to issue them if there was a risk of having to pay the customer £50 for every dodgy fine notice issued. Seems only fair that customers should be recompensed for the time and effort these things take to sort out.

11. Austiniho

Austiniho Well-Known Member

To be fair, it is worded badly, but I think it’s saying that this ticket was wrong but any future correctly issued tickets are not covered by this letter…?

Redhelen likes this.
  12. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    "To be fair" not sure I would use that term but I think you are right. No idea why they couldn't have worded it better though. Apologise for the initial error but state that if they correctly issue you a ticket in future you have to pay it

Redhelen and Austiniho like this.
  13. DSLRed

DSLRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Probably a template. Same shitty wording that goes to everyone.

Redhelen likes this.
  14. Austiniho

Austiniho Well-Known Member

More likely an AI response.

Redhelen likes this.