Do you know what happens if you support a team 100% and they lose?

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Jay, Jul 11, 2024.

1. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Nothing. Nothing happens. You feel a bit disappointed, but you get over it. At least you had the excitement of believing in them when they were winning.

Do you know what happens if you predict failure every step of the way, if you constantly slag off the Barnsley manager, or the England manager? Your life is substandard. It does not reach the levels that it could.And you hurt people around you. And people don't like you.

Do you want to enjoy your life or don't you? If you don't, carry on. If you do then change.

Do you want to walk into a room and light it up? I'd recommend it. Do you think you're ever going to do that unless you change?

Come on England.

2. fit

fitzytyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So very true

3. KamikazeCo-Pilot

KamikazeCo-Pilot Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    This thread is Confucian philosophy. If a little bird flaps its wings there will be a tsunami in Brid in 3 years time...

4. Hooky feller

Hooky feller Well-Known Member

Retired, full time grandad.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Shankly quote.
    “Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.”

I love the quote but some take it literally.
    I've allus been more of an optimist and go into every game wanting us to win. But I don't predict, I'm too old in the tooth to realise any game is not a forgone conclusion. (If it was, we'd all be rich and the bookies would go out of business) So i rarely carry around for any length of time a defeat. Maybe enjoy a victory a bit longer especially if it was against wendy or leeds.:)
    I would hate to live inside a pessimists head and carry around so much anger over a game of football.

Take friendlies for example. A lot take a performance to heart and assume that's what will happen going forward. Eg a good or poor season ahead. Lose to Alfreton and div 2 here we come lol.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2024
    sadbrewer likes this.
  5. Red

RedLeader21 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Clues in the name innit, supporter. Come on England, come on you reds!