Huddersfield Reds Pink Day

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by dearnevalleyviper, Oct 4, 2024 at 3:08 PM.

1. dearnevalleyviper

dearnevalleyviper Well-Known Member

Mexborough, England, United Kingdom, 1076982525861
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    On Saturday at Huddersfield, Barnsley fans are holding a Pink day if you see somebody rattling a bucket please chuck some change in Huddersfield and Barnsley fans. The idea behind this is to raise awareness of a deadly disease. Now, I know pink isn't for everyone, and I understand our pink third kit is like Marmite, but just have a read of these facts below...

i. #BreastCancerAwareness: It’s the UK’s most common cancer, with 55,000 new cases every year.
    ii. Men Get It Too: While 1 in 7 women will be diagnosed, around 370 men are affected annually.
    iii. Survival is Up: 76% of women survive breast cancer for 10+ years thanks to early detection and better treatments.
    iv. Age Matters: Most cases happen in women over 50, but younger women aren’t immune.
    v. Get Screened: Women aged 50-70 can get free mammograms every 3 years via the NHS. Early detection saves lives!……….https://www.justgiving.com/page/pink-shirt-day-1723628067044?utm_medium=fundraising&utm_content=page%2Fpink-shirt-day-1723628067044&utm_source=copyLink&utm_campaign=pfp-share IMG_3072.jpeg IMG_3073.jpeg

Be part of something brilliant and join the cause of raising awareness. Whether this is by joining many of us in the third shirt or even just a £5 Primark pink t-shirt, hoodie, hat or scarf, it still helps to raise awareness.

#BreastCancerAwarenessMonth #EarlyDetection #StayInformed #AllInPink

judith charmers and JLWBigLil like this.