Hurricane Milton

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by dreamboy3000, Oct 9, 2024 at 9:57 PM.

1. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  2. wak

wakeyred Well-Known Member

the clues in my imaginative online moniker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I’m not sure some people have got a lot of choice? How much support is the government giving people to evacuate - you can be sure all the hotels within a several hour drive are all full. Most Americans don’t have more then $500 to spare on unforeseen costs according to surveys done. Who’s paying for them to not go to work? To get to wherever it is they need to get to?

3. fit

fitzytyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They were giving those affected by the last storm $750 as an initial payment. I’m pretty sure there will be some financial help included with effort to get them to safety.

4. DSLRed

DSLRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I have never been to the US but have been reading postings from people who know the place well, who say that Florida is one of the worst states for the disparity between the have's and the have not's. Inland, many people live in poverty on trailer parks. Hope they have managed to get out because their chances of a good outcome, seeing it out in a trailor, are not high

5. Tyke The Tree-Frog

Tyke The Tree-Frog Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Fairly certain that was per household though, not per person. Mass traffic on motorways, fuel at petrol stations running out, electric vehicles too. DeSantis has actually done a good job there to be fair, him and Biden are doing good work together. I know they have refuge centers for people to go but there's still a massive issue from the previous storm a tiny while ago

fitzytyke likes this.
  6. E.I. Addio

E.I. Addio Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I’m currently in a bar in Ludlow Vermont where there’sa discussion going on about this very subject. It seems that in 2023 the Green Mountains around here has a serious forest fire and virtually everyone evacuated without a word said. After the warnings everyone else buggered off. So as you can imagine there’s not any sympathy for those that won’t leave.