I never realized there were so many...

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Tekkytyke, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Tek

Tekkytyke Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    ...fu.king 'experts on here who know 'chapter and verse' on how to run a football club.

Opinions are one thing but the downright stupidity of people posting on here convinced they know more than the professional businessmen (millionaires and billionaires!!) is unbelievable!

I suppose I should be truly humbled to be allowed to post on here when I am clearly in the presence of such a multitude of geniuses!

Like George Burns once said.... " It's a pity all the people who know how to run the country are either barbers or driving a taxi-cab for a living."

This BB is becoming more and more depressing by the day.

I await the usual personal abuse from the usual muppets.

Rant over!!

2. occ

occook Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I just think it’s the usual vociferous minority. Which I would imagine is the same at every club & is to be expected in all walks of life. More so in football.

Most fans will be happy to give the new fella a warm welcome and wait and see what he does.

I do understand some of the skepticism this time after the absolute brain fart of an appointment last time. We can all just hope that was some crazy idea driven through by a board of directors who, no doubt successful in their own areas of expertise, may not be that clued up on English Championship football. Their job as owners should be to set targets, and employ the experts to run the club. If they aren’t doing that, and all get a vote on “footballing matters” then I do think we’re in for more Morais Moments before they find a winning formula.

Let’s wait and see what happens between now and the start of the season. Hopefully lots going on behind the scenes and the club will back their new manager with the resources to succeed. Nobody will want a second successive failure.

Jimmy viz and tyke69 like this.
  3. Durkar Red

Durkar Red Well-Known Member

Exorcist
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  4. Terry Nutkins

Terry Nutkins Well-Known Member

Music Producer/DJ/Promoter and Owner of Hush Hush
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It’s a little bit like those people who think they know better than politicians when they don’t even live in the country they are moaning about.

pompey_red, Menai Tyke, Baka and 4 others like this.
  5. lan

lannoy Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It’s a football board for posting opinions, football is so interesting because people disagree on everything from a penalty decision to who should be in the team, it is quite easy to understand why supporters are sceptical about this appointment when we are plucking random managers from obscurity and the last one was absolutely shocking and took us down in the end (albeit not all his fault) anyway now the dust has settled and it is becoming clear we aren’t able to attract the likes of Ross, Ainsworth, Hurst, McCarthy, McCann, Grayson or that they don’t fit our structure and wanted more control than we offer, this seems to be the best we can do, and I’m sure nearly everyone will get behind him come start of the pre season

BarTyke and Merde Tete like this.
  6. Gordon Owen

Gordon Owen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We interviewed Ross. We could also attract Ainsworth, McCann, Grayson etc so how do you come to that conclusion?

7. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

I think the message board provides a good service for people wanting to learn new words.

"Underwhelmed" seems to be popular with some at the moment. It's all the rage.

8. tyr

tyrone1 Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Wonderful point well made

Not oy are those people experts they are also
    Invincible ignorants who venomously attack you when you have the audacity to ask them.to back up what they are saying

9. Til

Tilertoes Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It’ll be reyt

10. Old Goat

Old Goat Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That's true, that is. I particularly liked the use of "brain fart" by @occook in post #2.

fitzytyke2 likes this.
  11. Wat

Wathred Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Can't you see what these professional businessmen are doing.....we are an experiment. What I find most surprising is that after speculating on Morais, we end up going down a similar route. We need to get ahead of our competition in terms of recruitment yet we now have a head coach who has no knowledge of the squad or what is needed....we may as well have kept Morais who at least would have learned what was needed to strengthen from the squad he inherited. By the time Stendel gets to meet the players in July, either some other people will have recruited some players for him based on Billy Beane's sports analytics, or some of the better players will have already been snapped up by our competitors. I am no expert but I do not see the sense in the approach and it has to be said, it hasn't worked so far. We ended up last season with an unbalanced squad with too many players of the same type and not a team. This is not foresight but reviewing what has happened up to now.

DodworthRover and Glenn Tremble like this.
  12. Tek

Tekkytyke Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    ???? a) where did I moan about the country b) what does where I live have anything to do with it (ironic calling people xenophobic as some on here do and then moaning about someone living aborad) and c) Where is the evidence I know better than the politicians

I suspect 'comprehension' was not your strong point in English lessons at school.

13. only1kp

only1kp Well-Known Member

father of 3, best friends with jack daniels
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Why is it that people are either overwhelmed or underwhelmed, and not just whelmed

14. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I know it’s unusual for your posting history but people on a football bulletin board will tend to post about football.

15. Terry Nutkins

Terry Nutkins Well-Known Member

Music Producer/DJ/Promoter and Owner of Hush Hush
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Lol you silly sausage.

You moan about everything UK, in particular the political environment and brexit, where it’s evidenced in your post history. What’s xenophobia got to do with it, you’re ******* British!?

I have an A Level in English Language so I suppose that p1sses on your strawberries a fair bit.

Anyway, I was using it to point out your hypocrisy. You obviously don’t know the ins and out of brexit, but you sure as hell comment like you do.

Glenn Tremble and Wiggy like this.
  16. icer

icer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I Disagree ;-)

on serious note though, this boards gone from voicing opinions and sensibly debating them to people making their own 'matter of fact' statements without then debating but insulting and falling out when someone has an alternative 'matter of fact'. In my opinion of course

17. Wig

Wiggy Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Have you had a bang to the head?

18. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Morrissey is a ****. That’s my matter of fact statement as fact for the day.

TitusMagee and Baldrick like this.
  19. Red

Red CB Well-Known Member

retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Being as the number of players under contract this summer is a polar opposite to last summer , how many new recruits do you think we need to bolster our already large squad ?

20. Wat

Wathred Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There are players who obviously don't fit into the way the new head coach wants us to play so they will have to be moved on...can he make that judgement in time for summer recruitment, I'm not sure. We may lose one or 2 others to championship clubs, Lindsay, Moore and Bradshaw the most likely.....so it depends. But regardless for me we need a new Goalkeeper and 2 central midfielders who are good when we don't have the ball. So more reshaping of the squad rather than bolstering it....ins and outs

Thrappo Tyke likes this.