I really do not know how to put this properly but will try

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Dragon Tyke, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Dragon Tyke

Dragon Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I along with many others who are Barnsley fans/supporters/ followers call it what you want am an exile. To this end attending matches at Oakwell and many other venues is difficult. But this does not mean that myself and the other far flung people are any less in love with this wonderful club, nowt could be further from that. Today one of the greatest LEGENDS of Barnsley Football Club was laid to rest , I am fortunate enough and privileged enough to have met the man. I for one would be very grateful if the club could put something about the funeral on the club site for us all to cherish. Of course this would have to be at the permission of the family and I totally respect that 100%. The man was a national treasure in my eyes and a role model that many would not do badly in following. One of the best ever Yorkshiremen .

Thankyou Rimmo and RIP

sincerely Dragon Tyke.

2. Gre

Greybeard Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Where's the like button.
    Could not have put it better myself.
    Proper legend, not one of these fly-be-nights.

3. Lew

Lewis Member

Home Page:
    I met him too when I was in the academy and doing ballboy-ing and he was one of the most helpful and just nice men I have ever met. It's a bit of a surreal place when you're near the first teams dressing room and about to ballboy and are a bit nervous in case you mess up but he was brilliant with us all.