It does sound like the team were a tad better today

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by KamikazeCo-Pilot, Oct 16, 2021.

1. KamikazeCo-Pilot

KamikazeCo-Pilot Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I didnt go or even listen but it sounds like it from comments on here.
    However such is the disillusionment surrounding all things BFC that people have simply had enough, hence the completely pissed off comments by lots of people. It's no wonder people want the manager out or want the board out after the last few weeks. Perfectly understandable. The numbers of people who are also saying they're not going anymore, can't be bothered etc is also telling. I'm also in that camp. I'm simply not bothered anymore... Sad but true. There needs to be some significant change and it is down to a good board to make significant change. There is unlikely to be any significant change with this lot in charge though which means there will be further disconnect from fans and further deterioration in at least the short term. Very depressing.
    Might start watching topless tiddlywinks.

churtonred, thetykester and Mido like this.
  2. Redhelen

Redhelen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Listening to the radio commentary we certainly were. Sounded like Williams was quite error prone, but the rest seemed to be playing ok. We just desperately need to score goals, you've no chance of winning without scoring.

Kettlewell likes this.
  3. Ged

Geddiswasguud Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We were better and so was our energy. We were watching thinking... well that was a decent first half but we will tire 10 mins into the second half and they will hit us with two goals.
    That didnt happen and they looked very lethargic but we just do not look like we can score.....like ever.
    Pluses Collins again ...Helik ...Gomez and Woody did ok.

Redhelen likes this.
  4. thetykester

thetykester Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We have the ingredients we just haven't got the chef to make the meal:oops: I did say that we should keep our manager but I'm slowly thinking against that :(

Redhelen likes this.
  5. rin

ringo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Can anyone say if it is true that styles and Kitching were injured, if so what the he'll is he doing to them in training cos they aren't doing a lot in the match, but everytime a match comes around we have more injuries or is it that they just don't want to play for this idiot

Kettlewell likes this.
  6. stairfoot.red

stairfoot.red Well-Known Member

Computer Engineer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think you're right I don't think the players have any faith in the manager or his way of playing. I don't think they trust him to make the right decisions before and during a game. I don't think he's lost the dressing room I don't think he ever had it.

Connor likes this.
  7. Ged

Geddiswasguud Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    My dad (whos now 89 years old) has been involved with many professional football clubs said just that today. Players will start faking injuries rather than play....its as old as the hills.
    I dont believe it myself........
    but he reckons it goes on and is, at oakwell right now.

Redarmy87 and Redhelen like this.
  8. Ome

Omen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Bet Its like having the under 5s netball manager come in telling em what to do - badly.

9. Red

Redblueunwhite Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Comments on the BBC match report from Reading fans say we were best team.

Redhelen likes this.
  10. Redarmy87

Redarmy87 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    How lovely - imagine if the proletariat could do the same and fake sickness week after week to avoid working for the boss because they disagree with his methods. If that is indeed the case then that's absolutely disgraceful for a player to do that. At the end of the day they are footballers who get a healthy sum of money to perform for the club which is followed through thick and thin by its supporters regardless of who comes and goes. To look at it in monetary terms, many supporters in this day and age will pay a significant amount of their earnings to go and watch their team no matter the league position or manager. If the players are feigning injury because they have lost the will to play for the manager and can't be arsed, then that is a direct kick in the teeth to the paying supporter, whose investment in the club financially and emotionally is devalued by a potentially weakended squad due to the 'injured' player being unavailable. And the player, no matter the league position, result, or time on or off the pitch, still picks up their big weekly wad of cash. I sincerely hope this isn't true, but if it is sadly it wouldn't surprise me.

11. ley

leythtyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I doubt anyone is faking injuries, but I suspect players in a winning team are less likely to flag any slight pains that they can play through fairly easily, than they are in a losing setup with little faith in the coach

churtonred likes this.