Just got in

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Dalestykes, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Dalestykes

Dalestykes Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    And feeling pretty shellshocked by that. One of the worst performances (against a very average Boro side) that I’ve see in a long while. During the warm up the Players looked like they wanted to be somewhere else - wholly devoid of confidence or spirit.

I’ve seen another thread laying into the players and I can understand fans frustration at that performance. It was generally shameful collectively and a few players, who have genuine ability,chose that game to either hide away or become startled rabbits whenever they had the ball. Even in the first 5 mins when we should have had two goals, you could see the players didn’t believe they could win that game.

Organisation, an understanding of your role as a player, and as part of a team, and how you set a team up can get you a long way in this game. The fact we look so hapless has to be laid at the door of the Coach; and it’s actually getting worse game by game. He cut a very lonely figure on the touch line - zero support from his staff, and I felt for him just as a fellow human being. However, I don’t see he has a future.

What makes it all the more depressing at the moment is that no matter how bad it is on the pitch, it does not even begin to compare with how bad it is of the pitch. We are a badly mismanaged Club, with a group of owners who have no regard for the Club, it’s staff or it’s support. We will not progress, in any sustained meaningful way whilst ever these owners are in charge. I don’t believe it’s down to their greed or they are trying to bleed the Club it’s simply a matter of gross incompetence.

I’ll still be there on Sunday, and I’ll be supporting whatever eleven players are wearing that Red shirt. But I fear if these matters don’t get sorted, and quickly, it will be an increasingly toxic atmosphere. That does no one any good.

2. Ste

Steve Wood Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The owners have their fingers in too many pies. Barnsley did really well last season and they clearly thought the club would be able to tick over without much effort this season. Cue a mass exodus of staff and the appointment of a sub standard coach and the wheels fall off! Conway has other interests in Belgium, France, Denmark etc etc and Barnsley aren't necessarily top of the priority pile...

Geddiswasguud and Redhelen like this.
  3. arp

arpete Well-Known Member

educating the masses
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Correct on all fronts. I don't blame the players for our recent results . I blame mismanagement from the headcoach right through to the owners who themselves have too many fingers in too many pies to give a ball- cks about Barnsley fc or their fans.

Steve Wood and Redhelen like this.