Nightspots to voluntarily adopt Covid passports

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by orsenkaht, Jul 12, 2021.

1. orsenkaht

orsenkaht Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    According to Bozzer.

2. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Course they will.

3. Tarntyke

Tarntyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Just received my NHS email inviting me to apply for mine. I’ll have to read it again as it just mentioned going abroad. Here’s what it says
    Dear Sir/Madam,

Starting today you can apply for a Digital Passport.

The Coronavirus Digital Passport is documentation proving that you have been vaccinated against COVID-19 or you recently recovered from COVID-19. The passport will allow you to travel safely and freely around the world without having to self-isolate.

Who is eligible?
    UK citizens and their families, and legal residents.

How do I get the certificate?

You can get your Digital Passport via NHS portal by clicking the button below:

Get Digital Passport

How does it work?

Each issuing body has been allocated a digital signature, which is embedded in the QR code; border staff will scan the QR code to see the data, although no personal data will be seen -- nor will personal data of the holder go through the gateway which nations are using to verify signatures.

4. orsenkaht

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They'll want to protect their customers, I would imagine?

5. Redstone

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Then the one down the road doesn't and everyone goes there instead. They want to make money. Suppose it depends how the demographic who are going feel about it

GudjonFan likes this.
  6. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    theres no voluntary about it.

its you either you do it off your own back or we'll implement it for you.

7. icer

icer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This unlocking needed to happen. I would have been an advocate for starting to unlock fully a bit earlier and end a bit later. I think the government has made it clear now its 'over to you'. They expect a rise, so its over to you hospitals and medical staff. We may see an overload and while the COVID cases may now be manageable, it may well delay other medical treatments. Its over to you businesses, get it managed. Im not sure how a breakout of cases will be managed. Over to you sports clubs. Sport will return, what happens if there is a break out of cases in a teams camp. Like we are seeing now and players withdrawing from golf, games cancelled in Scotland, the Cricket swapping entire squads. Are fans expected to be available for games that dont happen. And finally over to you dear public. The exemplary behavior at the Euros and large social gatherings has proved you can be trusted to stay safe!!!

We need to come out of lock down as it doesnt solve anything, it just buys time. However have we staged this in the right order of steps to get to the destination?

8. Sco

Scoff Well-Known Member

The interface between business and technology
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Just for comparison, nightclubs opened in Netherlands with (iirc) mandatory negative test/vaccine passport on admission on the 1st of July. They've already been closed again after a government apology after cases increased around tenfold in 10 days - still not to UK levels though.

You might want them to open, but there is a risk that they will be shut again by mid-August.

9. Redstone

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Well we did criminalise sitting on a bench at one point.

GudjonFan likes this.
  10. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    its medical coercion yet people are happy to go along with it.

BFC Dave and Sabre-toothed Tyke like this.
  11. Redstone

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Government used criminalisation of ordinary human activity as a means of reducing deaths. Irrespective of outcomes, long term suppression of basic rights & freedoms.

The latest step appears to be a vaccine passport even though we are told the vaccine doesn't stop transmission.

mykie133 likes this.
  12. icer

icer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I agree. I do worry we will see a backtrack in certain areas. I would have thought a ramp up earlier would have been better than a step change all in one go. Its hard to know what limitations make opening nightclubs untenable for the businesses but its certainly bad to have to open and then close within weeks.

Redhelen likes this.
  13. Wat

Watcher_Of_The_Skies Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There's been mandatory travel vaccinations for other diseases like Yellow Fever. Is that 'medical cooersion' too?

Old Gimmer likes this.
  14. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The vaccine passport in the NHS is alright if you're going abroad carrying your passport so the app matches it. But the app doesn't have your photo so how do they know it's you? Nothing to stop someone not vaccinated borrowing someone who is phone to get in somewhere unless the stupidity of everyone always having to carry some form of photo ID to get in places happens.

15. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What a stupid comparison.

16. Wat

Watcher_Of_The_Skies Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    OK, you win. Can't argue with that. lol.

Old Gimmer, RedVesp and TitusMagee like this.
  17. ryc

rycalshaw Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It was always gonna happen really' they won't make passports mandatory but they will tell nightclub and probably pubs aswell in time that if an outbreak starts in their establishments they will be closed down for a period of time so obviously they will comply' i can see both sides of the passport thing myself' i personally have no problem with it but i can see how people would see it as discriminatory...

18. orsenkaht

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Further to Tarntyke's post above, I've just had a look at the NHS App website. It looks remarkably easy to get a 'passport' with a QR code that you can waft at night club staff, or at football grounds, for that matter. And you then have the reassurance (if everyone is playing ball) that those attending with you have been similarly 'vaxxed'.

portsmouth tyke likes this.
  19. Terry Nutkins

Terry Nutkins Well-Known Member

Music Producer/DJ/Promoter and Owner of Hush Hush
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This was sent from one of my ticket selllers.

Andrew,

This evening, Boris Johnson has announced that all remaining closed businesses and venues such as nightclubs will be able to open July 19th in England. However, the country is still urged to remain cautious as restrictions such as masks in crowded indoor spaces such as public transport is advised.

Hospitality venues such as pubs, restaurants and bars will no longer be required to provide table service or follow other social distancing rules.

Large indoor venues will be urged to check the COVID status of their customers on entry by proof of vaccination via an NHS COVID pass. The NHS COVID Pass will be made available through the NHS App, NHS.UK, or as a letter that can be requested by ringing NHS 119. Visitors will also be able to show text or email confirmation of test results. Organisations should ensure they are in compliance with all legal obligations, including on equalities.

Businesses are also encouraged to continue displaying QR codes for customers wishing to check in using the NHS COVID-19 app, or to continue collecting customer contact details to support NHS Test and Trace, however this will no longer be a legal requirement.

The impact of the unlocking plan will be reviewed in September as we go into Autumn and Winter months.

20. Loko the Tyke

Loko the Tyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Pubs won't comply. The costs associated with introducing door checks is unsustainable for a huge percentage of hospitality businesses - if they comply the go bust. What would you do with your own money and your family's future in that scenario?

Jimmy viz and Redstone like this.