[Official Site] CLUB STATEMENT: EFL CHARGES AGAINST PAUL CONWAY, CHIEN LEE AND BARNSLEY FC

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Newsbot, Jul 13, 2023.

1. lk3

lk311 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The bit at the end is telling where the EFL clearly say Conway & Chien causing the club to fail etc

Paul Conway and Chien Lee have also been charged with causing the Club to be in breach of EFL Regulations.

2. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

I think it's you who's tried to dress it up pal. I know you say it was all piss taking the chein loving but it clearly wasn't.

3. Skryptic

Skryptic Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Just realised I'm wrong about that, Neerav did buy Beane's shares, but at the same time sold shares to Chien.

https://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/bfc-investment-company-ltd-shares.314128/

Hooky feller likes this.
  4. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm very surprised that the supporters trust have been silent about this. No opinion on it? No clarity or information?

5. ubi

ubique_tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The silence is deafening.....

6. ubi

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What's that then? Spit it out

7. Deafening Silence

Deafening Silence Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Ahem.

8. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No idea. You'll have to enlighten us all...

9. Indie Red

Indie Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    His name is El-Ahmad so if you’re going to bring out some thinly veiled accusation of people being racist at least get his name right or you’re going to look pretty sus. I don’t care if our CEO is from Kendray or Timbuktu, if he does a **** job he should be rightly called out about it.

10. Dar

Darfield138 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    A couple of points on this.
    I do think the charges are a reflection on the sh!tshow that was the original takeover. I think it's entirely possible that the real investors were sold a dream by Conway and Lee that the club was a cash cow for them - as he probably did with all the other clubs in europe PMG cocked up, whilst doubtless pocketing some shilling in wages/fees etc for running them (into the ground). Understandable the investors wanted them out.
    It isnt clear if the charges relate to Chien and Conway not declaring the beneficial ownership on their takeover/running of the club or if the charges relate to them being booted out of running the club, not informing the EFL there had been a change of control, or if the investors had taken control without first asking the EFL for permission and having the fit and proper person tests. Whilst we all probably think these are useless, the EFL will still want them. Effectively Nareev and JAQ are in control (they could sack the CEO so he isnt really) and they may not have been ratified by the EFL. It may also have become apparent as JAQ etc emerged from the shadows that since 2017 the EFL should have known about her.
    They don't seem like they'd fail a fit and proper person test so their misdemeanors may be technical so hopefully a commensurate punishment. This state of affairs could be reflected in the charges as the club will be vicariously liable for any current continuing failing but Conway and Lee are liable for themselves.
    I recall in the mid-noughties Ken Bates refused to tell the EFL/FA who owned Leeds. They were deducted 15 points but really should have been suspended from the league until they did. Don't think we are in that scenario.
    I can understand the club not saying anymore than they have. The one thing to get the EFL's back up (which we don't need) is for the club to start putting forward a blow by blow account of its story or anything that makes it look like they are trying to paint the EFL into a corner and have the issue prejudged.
    My own personal opinion, we are all entitled to one, I think the board came here for the wrong reasons, appreciating they were sold a dream. Whilst we all feel that Conway was an utter disaster as Chairman/CEO they all were content to sit back and watch him spaff comparative fortunes on dubious players and feed an obsession for Austrian Lower League managers when it must have been apparent things were going badly wrong. I haven't seen anything to suggest they are serious about taking a football club forward, tweets and flatbreads just don't cut it for me. I'd rather see at least half of what we have raised in fees this summer invested back into the squad, actions not words please. Even if you want to sell up, invest some money, its worth more in the championship but getting there will take some patience and investment. We arent talking Wigan/Derby daftness type investment, just a recycling of some of what we have raised. We are struggling to tempt someone from Salford and weren't even in the race for players like Alfie May (who we all known barring injury) gets 15 plus for Charlton. If we spend 1.5 million on a solid striker, I'll eat my words
    I know we are a relatively small club but I can't accept there aren't better people out there. A thought. When they took over in 2017 Luton Town were in a league lower than us with smaller crowds and a worse ground. Including using some players we couldn't wait to ditch or move on for a small (in footballing terms) profit, they are now in the premier league.It was there to be done.

ScubaTyke, wakeyred and Indie Red like this.
  11. Skryptic

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better. It's clear that people are going out of their way to find their own examples for the "**** job" he's doing, even when it's nothing to do with him. Why no speculation about JAQ, since presumably her shares may have been amongst those that were misrepresented? Why not Ganaye or Murphy? I wonder.

12. Indie Red

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Wtf are you on about you plant pot? Show proof of anyone being racist towards the CEO and perhaps I’ll believe you but until then go touch some grass.

13. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Oh **** right off with those spurious allegations. It's uncalled for

Indie Red likes this.
  14. Don

Donny.tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not going to bite the hand that feeds them are they?

Indie Red likes this.
  15. Skryptic

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No allegations flower, if the cap fits though, eh?

16. Indie Red

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    FAO admins, is this sort of behaviour acceptable?

SuperTyke likes this.
  17. ubi

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Have the ballax to say it or do one, absolute clown

SuperTyke and Indie Red like this.
  18. Skryptic

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Say what sunshine? I'm not accusing anybody of anything, but it's obvious that people have a bit of a vendetta against Khaled to be so eager to fabricate evidence of wrongdoing on his part. I wonder why that is.

19. Indie Red

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Because they can see him for what he is inept and out of his depth, nothing to with his nationality, religion or skin colour. That’s on you thinking all that you utter weirdo.

Again show proof of anyone being racist towards the CEO.

Donny.tyke likes this.
  20. Tur

Turbotyke Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Have a look at my posting entitled A journalist who writes for "The beautiful game.............