Our Women's Team

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by dreamboy3000, Sep 26, 2024 at 8:13 PM.

1. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Currently 0-0 at Huddersfield. You wouldn't know it though as our official site last did an article two days ago....

https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/2024/september/24/barns/

No...

Team news.
    Management thoughts.
    Player thoughts.

What's the point of bringing the women's team "in house" if they aren't going to bother about them?

JamDrop and SFOTyke like this.
  2. Mr BFC88

Mr BFC88 Well-Known Member

BBS's best fisherman
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Probably because they don't really care about it that much? I've nothing against the Women's team, I just couldn't really care less about how they're "getting on". Just the same as I don't really care how the reserves, or the U18's are doing. So before anyone starts crying, it's not because they're women, it's because the standard of that game is roughly the same level as the U18 lads' side.

They also have their own dedicated X account where, I believe, they're quite active.

Goldthorpe-Red and Wuz1964 like this.
  3. Kes

Kes Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  4. dreamboy3000

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I get that. But if they are part of our club the official website should be treated as such.

We've issues all over not just with this. You can buy our official 2024 calendar at our online store for £8 plus P&P when there is only three months left.

5. SFOTyke

SFOTyke Well-Known Member

Retired (Early)
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I agree, and I've stated this before on my gripes with the official site (at least the 1st Team tab is more accurate this week).

I'm also interested in how the Women are going, and I don't see it as akin to our U21s, U18s, etc.

It may be a lower level of football, but it is still our 1st (Female) team, and I want to follow their rise to the top.

6. Hooky feller

Hooky feller Well-Known Member

Retired, full time grandad.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I dont see an issue. If that desperate to get all the info. go on twatter. (X) It's all there. And I think more than suffices. Doesnt need to be on the website for me.
    Not a twatter fan and avoid it like plague except for info like Barnsley fc women.
    1-1 btw.
    As for U/18s lads level. With due respect to the women mr BFC 88. No chance mate, the lads would slaughter em.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2024 at 9:40 PM
  7. dreamboy3000

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Finished 1-1 after we equalised. Nearly went with it being local, but weather put this fair weather fan off :D

budmustang and JamDrop like this.
  8. Mr BFC88

Mr BFC88 Well-Known Member

BBS's best fisherman
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I agree. I was trying to be polite. We've seen it exemplified on a few occasions where a professional female side has been soundly beaten by academy teams at U15's level.

Hooky feller likes this.
  9. tosh

tosh Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    This is where we differ HF. The website should in my opinion be the hub of all things BFC and should be the main outlet for info. I know many people who do not wish to give social media outlets like Twitter the time of day and are therefore disenfranchised by the club by their current approach to info disemination. You might get info via Twitter but it also comes with its attached bile in the form of opinions. If the club publish info then it ought to go out via all outlets at the same time then we can choose which to use.

10. Hooky feller

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't know how websites work, do we cover our own games live via that media ?.is it practical.? On Twitter posts are easy to make I would imagine. And I've never seen bile during the womens game. If there was I wouldn't entertain it. Hence why I update everyone on here on occasion. If I need information I'll go where it's easy to find. Using an excuse to not visit twitter cos of other social media bile is not the only outlet where you will find it. Lots of bile on here ar times. Some won't look at certain subjects. You can treat twatter the same. I do.
    I genuinely think a mountain out of a mole hill to have goes at the club. But that's just an opinion not fact.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2024 at 9:12 PM
  11. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Also, plenty of children follow Barnsley but they have to be 13 to have a Twitter account (and then have a parent who is happy for them to have a social media account with the dangers that interacting with strangers brings). There’s loads of new year 7s who love football who have no way to follow the women’s team. They should be able to visit a safe, verified place, such as the official website, to find out information without having to illegally navigate a social media site.

S74 Red and budmustang like this.
  12. tosh

tosh Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I agree. Though my issue isn't necessarily about the Women's team, it's more about the disjointed way we seem to be provided with the info. Sometimes it's Twitter or Facebook or You tube, you never know which is going to be next. The other day Newsbot on here posted about Clarkes pre match briefing but I am not sure where it came from. I hadn't time to read it at that time, but when I had the time I went on the website to read it and it wasn't there. Disjointed?? It might he there now but I haven't looked again. Maybe as and when we get an app these issues may disappear.

13. Tyke The Tree-Frog

Tyke The Tree-Frog Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    1000%, anything officially related to Barnsley Football Club should be on its official website.

dreamboy3000 likes this.
  14. dreamboy3000

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Despite what people say, you talk a lot of sense pal :D I agree with you obviously.

Tyke The Tree-Frog likes this.
  15. Hooky feller

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I dont think anyone disagrees. It's more about live feeds. Would the club have to provide someone to travel to these games to update the website live. ?. Imo you would have to do that with every team within the club. The vast majority of folk even if interested (lots aren't) are prepared to wait. Till a report of the game is published.
    I go on this site many a time when the women are playing and not a peep. Someone like me who is remotely interested prepared to go on Twatter. To look it up. And if I post what I read on twatter, I dont expect everyone to be interested, it appears only a couple show any interest whatsoever. I dont have an issue with that. I have yet to meet anyone in person desperate for information on tap.
    2 posts by Newsbot on the game this sunday. 3 sarky replies. No likes.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2024 at 11:46 PM