Please Please pretty please New Manager

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Darfield138, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Dar

Darfield138 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Tell the board we have just drawn against two sides who are chasing a playoff spot and been unlucky not to beat them both. No better time to hit the jackpot than this year. Tell them they could spend the next twenty years making a slim profit on developing young players or make a £180 million profit in six months by reaching the premier league. Also tell them that everybody else can see we are desperately lacking a big battering ram of a centre forward. Thats what you could possibly influence. What you can certainly influence is:
    Send Anderson and Thomas on loan to Accrington Stanley and MK Dons or whatever. They have a future, its just not in the chamionship.
    Pick Halme. If he doesn't fulfill his promise (i personally think he will) then ship him out aswell.
    Stop playing tippy tappy football across the back line. If Citeh cant always make it work with £50 million defenders, what makes anybody think we can make it work with £500k players.
    Oh and good luck mate. You have a chance to be a true legend here, just put your foot down.

2. wolvestyke

wolvestyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Don't agree that we've been unlucky not to beat them both. Maybe so on Tuesday but not so today imo. We got a point as a result of two fantastic Jack Walton saves and some good fortune. Don't agree with you on Anderson either. Atm I'm more concerned about Helik - poor and unnecessary attempt at an interception for the first goal at Stoke and completely lost Cooper for their goal today. He also lost his man at set pieces a couple of times in the second half too. With Sole, Anderson and Helik we shouldn't be vulnerable in the air from crosses, but we are. I think he can be a very good player for us but he's not atm and is a factor in us not being as secure as we were in the latter part of last season.

Stephen Dawson and Gegenpresser like this.
  3. Dar

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Fair enough wolves, a good argument and both may improve and we may stop up. BUT the point I'm making is that this year the league is as wide open as it's going to get. We are two players from turning those draws into wins and instead of finishing fourth from bottom, we are tantalisingly close to finishing fourth from top

Stephen Dawson and wolvestyke like this.
  4. Gegenpresser

Gegenpresser Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    So your post suggested that we should change our style of playing. Which takes a bit of doing.

And you say we've just about held our own, by playing the way we have been playing. Cos we've done well recently.

So summat's right.

You say we should get rid of Andersen (I agree about Thomas).

So without these two, and sticking Halme in, how should we be organised to do better?

Serious question (heh heh)

5. Runner

Runner Well-Known Member

Software developer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't know what you've been smoking, but I'll have some of it too please!

6. Dar

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It depends how you frame the point: "we've done well recently"
    We havent lost and we are skirting with fourth from bottom. However, we haven't won either. Should we set our sights a bit higher? I think this year we actually should. I think beyond Norwich and Brentford nobody is a shoe-in for a top six finish. For us to achieve that we need to improve our squad but only in a couple of areas. As for the style of play.....I'm not a fan of building from the back. please count how many times we pass it across the back four before hurriedly passing it back to the keeper and under pressure, he hoofs it and gives the opposition possession. I just don't see the point. One dimensional and everybody has figured it out.

Redhelen and Stephen Dawson like this.
  7. Dar

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's not far fetched though. This season one of Blackburn/Bristol City/Reading/Stoke/Millwall will make the play-offs. Perennial also rans at best. Why shouldn't we (with "billionaire" owners - or at least no debt) be up there too?
    Oh and when it comes to what I've been smoking, you're the one with a dutch flag as your avitar. ;)

Redhelen and Runner like this.
  8. Gegenpresser

Gegenpresser Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Thank you for that.

But what should we specifically do?

We've stopped arsing around from the back inside our own box. That's last season's problem.

Isn't it in the finishing area we are doggo? That's why we've done well, but not well enough.

9. Dar

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think it is gegen. Mads is kind of an okay defender who just about scrapes through in this league. I don't want to seem like I am singling him out, you can see he tries his best (and I'm not that impressed with Helik either). If Halme isnt getting near the team then ship him out (I actually think he's a lot better) The big problem is we have no height in attack. How often do you see a ball up to the middle from an opposition corner and a big centre forward holds it up, brings somebody else in or wins a free kick of a throw-in. Takes the pressure off and turns defence into attack. Or wins a header at a corner, creates confusion and somebody else slots it in. We just don't have that. It's down to the owners. Take a chance, spend some money, you might just make a whole **** load more

10. Skinner

Skinner Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Apparently were set in this pressing system because that's what the board want, which means they and not the Manager are picking the team as they not the Manager are doing the recruitment to fit the system, so the new guy, as Darfield said, needs to put his foot down. He needs to play a formation and system that suits the players we have as well as doing something about the players we need ( Striker preferably physical) I agree with most on this post, we are nearly a decent side... with a small tweak and one or two additions we could at least make top 10..

Darfield138 likes this.
  11. Ton

Tonjytyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I just wonder how that ‘foot down’ thing will work out for the new manager.

Skinner likes this.
  12. lk3

lk311 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He left the Greek side after one game cos he had a huge fall out with the owner at the end of the game over something.

13. Skinner

Skinner Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Badly if last 3 are out to go by..lol

14. Ton

Tonjytyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We can get ready then!

15. Redhelen

Redhelen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Murrays 3rd stint in charge could be sooner than we think!!

16. Tyke_67

Tyke_67 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It won't be Helen, it'll be the middle of next year at the very earliest lol :)

Redhelen likes this.