Schumacher sacked by Stoke

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by troff, Sep 16, 2024 at 10:46 AM.

1. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Got rid of most/all of the experienced players in the summer, replaced them with promising younger ones, lost a couple of games to West Brom and Watford early doors but going in to Saturday had won two on the bounce including 5-0 at boro in the cup.

They lost 1-0 away from home at Oxford and he’s gone.

Concensus among the fans is that he was doing a decent job given all the changes.

Has to be something more to it surely? A 1-0 loss at Oxford isn’t a sacking offence. Or shouldn’t be.

Crazy stuff. Must have someone lined up.

2. Archey

Archey Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    They finished last season 6 points clear of relegation, after picking up 10 points from the final 4 games. Clearly they're a team in transition. I've never understood giving a manager a full pre-season, only to sack him less than 10 games into a season.

The problem is, clubs want instant success. They might bring someone in who gives them that. They probably won't though.

TorontoRed, Andy Mac and NathanBFC94 like this.
  3. In4

In4reds Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Could it be the owners the Coats have too much money ,money to burn and they burn it on managers. I assume they work within the spending protocol as I've not seen them linked with punishment they need decide a plan and have the bottle to stick to it.