Strikers at the club.......

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by judith charmers, Aug 14, 2022.

1. jud

judith charmers Well-Known Member

Travel advisor
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Cole, Iseka, Marsh, Norwood, Aitchinson, Tedic, could also put Thomas in that group, 6/7 strikers is a lot to be carrying even more so if we’re wanting another too, unless we sell or some go on loan I can’t see us getting anyone......a think I’ll get pelted here but a do think that once they get off the mark a think we’ll be ok, if this Tedic carries a presence in the air it’ll certainly give us another outlet instead of hopeful punts forward.......I have full faith in the manager and the board (Pelter No2) to do the right thing, as much as we all want that quality goal scoring proven striker at the club, 1) we haven’t much cash & 2) so do the other 72 EFL clubs too!!

DannyWilsonLovechild and Winker like this.
  2. Loko the Tyke

Loko the Tyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If we sign the strikers we want then I think you see Aitchison and Marsh competing with Thomas for this 'Number 10' role as well as positions up front when needed. Aitchison is playing further forward than he's used to out of necessity and because he's seen as a better option than Cole.

It's clear we're trying to move Iseka on. I'm not sure how that one ends this window. He's clearly able to play more than Oulare could, but might have to be another loan to Europe. We're definitely being hampered on recruitment by the lack of movement in the opposite direction.

Geddiswasguud likes this.
  3. Winker

Winker Well-Known Member

RETIRED AND LOVING IT
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Agree, but Cole an Marsh could be used as wingers an Aitchison, attacking midfield, thats how i'd play em, Iseka, Norwood an Tedic as Strikers, an thomas in same role as Aitchison.

4. Duntpasstome

Duntpasstome Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I agree the effort now being put in from Aitchison Cole Norwood Marsh Thomas is brilliant to see and when the goals start coming and the pressure drops from getting that 1st goal anyone of them can go on a run.
    Tedic could be decent and Iseka we know has talent if he can add the work rate set by Duff then all of it together should be enough and Marsh Aitchison are given the game time to develop in to good playrrs.

5. jud

Travel advisor
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Do you think we’re wanting too much for our players or a genuine case of we just can’t get shut? Danger we have with Styles and Hekik is they go for free next summer or we play them both to give us our strongest XI and they may attract attention in January? Certainly at the back if Helik does stop were then top heavy on defence too and for Helik must play if he’s fit!! As for Iseka if he is going to stop let’s get the lad some game time and try to make use of the 5 subs like we did C19 season

6. matoakwell

matoakwell Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We don't play wingers though.

Winker likes this.
  7. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Cole we could do with finding a buyer for. Same for Iseka. Norwood was never the answer. Neither was Tedic. Marsh and Aitchinson are not yet regular starters quality.

mick woodhouse likes this.
  8. Loko the Tyke

Loko the Tyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Styles can't leave for free next season but Helik can.

The challenge, the longer clubs refuse to pay the asking price (in Helik's case), will be how long to you stop your recruitment plans before you have to cash in? Supporters complain because we take £1.8m or whatever for Helik, but it might be between taking the money to reinvest, or not signing any players until January where he'll likely leave for £500k anyway.

Would be nervous about playing Iseka if he isn't showing it in training. Would send the wrong message to the group so have to trust Duff on that one.

John Peachy likes this.
  9. jud

Travel advisor
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    When I first saw Marsh last season a thought, this las looks no bigger than my eldest daughter but what I’ve seen this season is that he’s got the ball and naturally looks fine goal, a thought on Wednesday at Middlesbrough he was great and unlucky not to get 2, after watching the highlights again from yesterday that effort of Aitchinson’s, he actually had the nous to try n send the ball the other way as the keeper and defender were coming at him but just got the execution wrong, it was definitely a time to stick laces through it but hey ho

10. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Cole, iseka and tedic need shifting out for me. Two are simply not good enough and the other seems unwanted and pointless loan signing of a player. At least usually when we sign untested kids that go into the development squad it's on a long contract not a loan.

Marsh and aichinson are good young players, the kind who should be getting minutes but not being relied upon as starting every week.

I think up front we need to shift 3 out and bring 2 in

11. jud

Travel advisor
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So all 6 are ***** in a nutshell then?

12. jud

Travel advisor
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Be unfair to shift Tedic out, he’s only been here 2 week :D:D

SFOTyke, John Peachy, S74 Red and 2 others like this.
  13. gaz

gaz97 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I reckon any strikers we do bring in won’t be the ones we initially wanted and we will probably end up with 2nd or 3rd choices we seem to have hit a wall with regards to signing players and that is ultimately costing us points.

14. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    To be fair to him I don't think it's his fault or anything just that if we are paying for him to be here it seems a little pointless. If he's free then it's a good thing, if we are contributing I just can't see what benefit there is to us.

He's a prime example of why I think loan rules need tightening. Poor lad will never get a proper shot anywhere while ever he's at a big club who can constantly loan him out year after year.

15. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What I don't get with Tedic is that he arrived around the start of the season but he's not deemed match fit. How does that happen? Can't Man City afford a proper pre season for non first teamers???

16. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't understand that either. I know he hasn't had OUR pre season but surely man citys pre season should be better than ours

17. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I don't get how you can be 22 and not fit enough to play a football game.

18. Winker

Winker Well-Known Member

RETIRED AND LOVING IT
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Maybe we ought, nowt wrong wi changeing stuff rarnd in a game an playing to ya strengths, in our case playing wi wot you av

19. Skryptic

Skryptic Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Aitchison played the attacking midfield role last year for FGR and I think he'll end up sharing that job with Luke Thomas. If it does look like we're off of the pace for the playoffs then I think we aim to get Marsh and Jalo enough time to aid their development.

20. Duntpasstome

Duntpasstome Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Players talk about fit and match fit but i would suspect its more to do with Tedic fitting in with playing in league 1 and learning Duffs style of play, im sure its a bit different to Man City u23s so i would expect it will be a while until he is given a chance in the first team like Vita last season.