The 'BIG' statement

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by jptykes, Jun 22, 2023.

1. jptykes

jptykes Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Ok, so there are one or two on here who have said they were aware of what the big statement was but weren't in a position to give the news away. Assuming they weren't just taking joy in feeding everyone BS, is that still the case? Are we still waiting on the big news item?

Or was the news that the club had managed to get Duff to sign an extension and everything went quite rapidly pear-shaped?

Seriously regretting getting invested in the club again. Genuinely pissed off that I renewed my season ticket.

GeorgeRobledo and Stephen Dawson like this.
  2. Ome

Omen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    John Stones player-manager :D

That 'would' fill the ground!! :)

And yes I'm fully aware this is an impossible situation lol

RedInBlackrod and Stephen Dawson like this.
  3. Marc

Marc Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Disappointed you see it that way. We support the Club, not the manager. We tried to extend his contract and offered him improved terms. He rejected it and left at the first chance. The Club can't force anyone to stay. I know it's frustrating, but please don't take it out on the Club.

4. wak

wakeyred Well-Known Member

the clues in my imaginative online moniker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Joey Barton 6 year contract incoming.

RedInBlackrod and Stephen Dawson like this.
  5. Gol

Goldthorpe-Red Well-Known Member

Courier at DPD group UK.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don’t think there ever was any big news, I think he said it and will have been thinking “ffs did I really just say that”.

Im chuffed I haven’t got my season ticket yet, because I won’t be getting one now. People can talk about the release clause all they want, we’re so ******* tinpot it’s unreal.

The board better have something big planned after this. Yet again going into a season with no end of speculation over our best players and now the managers ****** off just before pre season. It’s a joke.

Oh, and BFC? By big I mean big news, don’t be fetching Darren Moore in and claiming it’s a big move. It’s not. It’s exactly what we do not need.

Seriously ****** off with everything to do with BFC right now. A month ago? I loved it more than ever. They are the best club in the world at clicking the self destruct button.

seethi, leeupo, Donks and 4 others like this.
  6. Jul

Julian Broddle's Perm Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not to be outdone by that stupid Wednesday fan, Khaled’s big news was to reveal his brand new tattoo of Michael Duff emblazoned across his upper thigh.
    No wonders he’s gone quiet. That tattoo laser removal treatment ain’t cheap!!!

7. Durkar Red

Durkar Red Well-Known Member

Exorcist
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Big announcement, new manager coming

8. Marc

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    you're venting your spleen in the wrong direction.

9. Hooky feller

Hooky feller Well-Known Member

Retired, full time grandad.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yet I assume you renewed last season. Or took a year out.
    And what if we get promoted, will you still be pissed off. Or glad you bought one. ?
    Clubs like ours you have to take the rough with the smooth. We have had many more highs than lots of clubs our size. More than most I'd say.
    Beats being run of the mill year in year out.

10. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    My guess is that the big news was the fanzone being taken over by the guy who does the suppa club

11. Winker

Winker Well-Known Member

RETIRED AND LOVING IT
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'll wear my shirt with pride as always, just another chapter in the football merry go round, always look on the bright side of life. C,O,Y,R

12. Gol

Courier at DPD group UK.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Both are bad as each other in my opinion. The club haven’t done enough, as per.

13. jptykes

jptykes Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'd been away a while. Last season ticket was Heckingbottom in charge. Oddly enough, I got back into it around the time Asbaghi was appointed. The odd game here and there for a long time became every match followed by a return to ST holder and a fair few away trips last season. I think that's why it hurts. The board and Duff got me feeling like the fans and the club as a whole mattered for the first time in a long time. Maybe in a few days I'll rationalise it but right now if a refund was offered I'd take it.

We all know how this plays out from here. Mads leaves (I said this would happen before the season ended) and is probably followed by Connell and Williams, both of them could end up at Swansea. We're not going to spend so we reinforce with kids who aren't ready and whatever freebies we can pick up. Finish the season 12th but at least we retain the manager at the end of the season.

You reds.

KamikazeCo-Pilot likes this.
  14. Marc

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Genuine question, what more do you think they could have done? They've put about £5m in this year, to stop us going under. They've got to the play-off finals. There was no 'fire sale' in January like everyone predicted. They offered Duff an extended contract on improved terms. He rejected it. Honestly, what more do you think they could have realistically done?

Spuggy, Beercrate, anstonred and 18 others like this.
  15. Red

RedLeader21 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Very fair way of putting things.

Bottom line is Duff wouldn't have joined without a release clause or a higher release clause. If he would have, the clause wouldn't have been in there .

Just hope they recruit a good head coach and keep on supporting the reds.

Maybe we should go for somebody who had a proven track record of being loyal, say only 2 or so clubs in their career.

anstonred, RedInBlackrod and S74 Red like this.
  16. Gol

Courier at DPD group UK.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You match the offer that’s put on the table, you negotiate a new deal well in advance of this happening to quash the release clause, or even further back you don’t enter a release clause whatsoever. It’s a money saving technique, basically we won’t pay you particularly well but we will enter this clause that means if you do well then another club can have you for pennies and they can pay you well.

Im sorry, but until we stop making the same ridiculous mistakes season in, season out then the board for me need to be held responsible. The argument I see coming from people saying “the release clause was the only way we could have attracted him here in the first place”…. That’s the biggest load of nonsense I’ve ever heard.

17. Hooky feller

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    12th is better than what folk thought last season. But seriously though. We have to live within the constraints of the efl guidelines. That means that we have to look at avenues to at least keep within those guidelines. We will always look to get the best out of deals. But some fans quotes are unrealistic given length of contract left to run out if necessary by players. We took the option on Mads and Collins contracts to extend in the clubs favour. It is not in our favour to now let it run down. Over the next 12 months. But as the club said it may not release players if seen detrimental to the team. Mads was refused last year due to Helik leaving I assume. 1st sign that conman had in effect left the building. Styles has a clause in his contract I believe. I'm not sure about Connell though.

RedInBlackrod likes this.
  18. Gol

Courier at DPD group UK.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Maybe I’m just angry, and extremely fed up. Ask me again in a week and I’ll give you a more accurate answer.

Still won’t be renewing mind

19. shed131

shed131 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Did the contract offer come with buts...but you can't pick your own team
    But...you must play academy players for ex amount of games
    But ....your hands will be tied
    But....etc
    Any wonder he's upped sticks....
    When folk get the chance ask the board how many restrictions and obstacles have they put in his direction...and take notice how they all look at each other before answering...with some bullsh1t to appease the fans.
    They've let Duff reply at length as they know they've shot themselves in the foot again ...
    Unfortunately for the fans the majority hang on to the boards every word.....and yes I'm one who fell for their bullsh1t last time out

Sprotbrough Red likes this.
  20. Hooky feller

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Dare I ask how you came to leave the club. And genuine question, are you bitter about it. If it was years ago how come you seem to have an insight to the present board. Is there anything you have good to say about em. I get the impression a lot of dislike for em. If I'm wrong I apologise.
    You seem to know a lot of the present going ons within the club. ?. If that's from an insider then they must be very close to the top I guess.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2023
    anstonred and RedInBlackrod like this.