Whos going ont pitch on Sunday?

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Cunning Stunt, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Cun

Cunning Stunt Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I'll be taking my son on for a walk around. He's not been on before. Hope noones offended. He's only 10. Thanks

2. dod

dodworthred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    hooligan ;)

3. jedstar

jedstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I went through a stage of thinking it was a bit of a "tin pot" thing to do, now I accept it's just a tradition that us and a few other clubs just do on the last day.

It's funny how these days the players run for the tunnel as if a load of lions have run on the pitch whereas the 96/97 team stayed on the pitch and went mental with the fans.

4. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I won't be going on myself but I don't have an issue with the young 'uns going on (with or without their parents) as they tend to get back off again when asked. My issue is with the 'grown ups' and youths who go on and refuse to come back off.

5. Cun

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Oooooh a BBS swing in favour of the tradition, I like it.

6. RichK

RichK Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Do you think going on will enhance his life in some way?

7. kektyke

kektyke Well-Known Member

Warehouse Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I will be with my young un. He's taking a marker and wants as many autographs he can get on his shirt and loads of selfies

Sent from my SM-G800F using Forum Runner

8. Cun

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Yes. He can say he's walked on with 100's of other kids his age like we all did on that day! They're doing no harm. They're kids FFS. What's up with some folk? They're excited. It's become a tradition. Other clubs manage to stop it, so why haven't we?

9. jedstar

jedstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The lefty do-gooders of this forum obviously have some kind of date night with their other halves on Wednesday night, trying to rekindle something from their loveless relationships.

10. Sparky

Sparky Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I noticed the Bradford fans never even tried to get on

11. RichK

RichK Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Loads of fans stood waiting in the stands for the players to come back out (who now don't) shouting abuse at those who have gone on the pitch has become a part of that tradition too. It's ace. The minority win every year though.

I just **** off home now, not much fun in watching people walk on grass, not much fun in walking on it either IMO.

The PL promotion should have been an understandable exception, for obvious reasons.

12. Cun

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I get your point, I really do. I used to stand/sit (I'm 42) watching the players and showing mutual respect.

That's gone. A lost tradition. Most home games now noones on the pitch. 95% of the fans don't stand an applause. Sometimes only 3-4 players actually bother either. It's sad, but it's a fact. Only 1 season in the last 15ish has been worth celebrating, and most only because it's ended! Hudds was away so that's a bit different.

They're kids, the next gereration. Without them there'll be no BFC in years to come. I think the club ought to embrace the tradition. Rope a section off. Autographs fotos etc. as soon as its allowed the 'risky' attraction disappears. Previous attempts have failed.

As an aside, without been forced how many do you reckon would parade around applauding the fans when for years and years most can't do it for 20odd Saturdays?

13. Cun

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Or they're all tail touching in an abandoned warehouse?

14. Sim

Simon De Montforte Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Don't see the point in it. It's chuffin' grass and not very good grass at that.
    I used to wait for the players to come back out to applaud em and give em a send off before the new season started.
    Since the plonkers started running on the pitch, I can't be arsed waiting so just go home.

15. fir

fired Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If it was just that it would be fine, but it's not. It's a bunch of lads old enough to know better spoiling the opportunity for the rest of the fans to have an end of season farewell.

If everyone stayed in their seat, everyone would get the chance to applaud the players, and vice-verse, and I'm sure the players would oblige with autographs. Ultimately, if fans could just hang on a second, I'm sure they'd get a chance to walk onto the pitch. But no. we have to have a charade where some spoil it for all, and then we all trudge home with the anticlimax. Every year.

16. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I've no problem with anyone going on the pitch. I just wish they'd wait until the players had done their lap of honour, allow us all a bit of a clap and that, then when the players have done, folk can have a walk about on the pitch. Far too often folk go on the pitch, won't come off and the players never come back out.

17. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Me straight out rhe east stand across to the west. Up the steps and to the pub. Pitch invasion means I can squeeze an extra pint in before my home time

18. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You tend to find it is right wingers that are the miserable types...

Get on the pitch wi thi Bairn, CS, like others say it is the knob contingent that ruin it for everyone else, your young un included but after all there is nowt to clap them for...

19. Jam

Jamo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Agree with this. But the stewards will do absolutely nothing to stop the pikeys gathered round the perimeter storming on as soon as the final whistle goes. Same as every year.

20. KamikazeCo-Pilot

KamikazeCo-Pilot Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I think the 'running on the pitch' at the end of the last game shows a lack of respect for the club when the club continually ask for it not to happen. To condone it is therefore to condone bad behaviour. It's irrelevant whether or not the 'fans' have a good time or not, they are asked not to do it and they still do. In my mind it's loutish behaviour. What next? The club asks 'fans' not to rip shirts off the players? The club asks 'fans' not to try and get into the changing rooms to join in with the players end of season celebration/commiseration? At some point there will be damage to the pitch ( ie people nicking turf) and at some point there will be someone getting hurt (home or away fans). It's daft, disrespectful and simply self-indulgent behaviour