Proud of 'em last night

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Dyson, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Dys

Dyson Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm very rarely not these days but especially so last night. Young lads who have, bar Wembley, never played in a crowd like that against a side full of players on tens of thousands a week & we bossed 'em. The big thing in this league is that first goal & if we get it then it's a completely different game.

Even when 1-0 down they've given it their all, gone at them & worked their balls off - exactly what any fan wants to see.

Possibly one of my favourite sides ever this. Well in, Reds.

2. gooderzone

gooderzone Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Same. Come away absolutely embittered at the injustice of the result based on the performances of the two sides but taking solace this morning at the fact that on that showing, we will finish above them so they can have the points. They'll need em more than we will.

3. Dys

Dyson Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Nar, with £12 million of strikers to come back in they'll always be above us unless the world turns upside down.

They were poor, we were better, they got the breaks when they needed 'em. That's life. But I wouldn't change these lads for anyone.

4. AthersleyRed

AthersleyRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I said last night I'd rather be a Barnsley fan than a pig. No money spent and team full of passion vs millions spent and no commitment? No competition.

5. Hom

Homer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Happened over many years. It is a kind of jinx. Over the years the number of times I have come away from a Wendy,s match and they have flunked a goal is weird. Last night the own goal was the jinx occurring again.
    It is the same to some extent with the Blades.
    Onwards and upwards.
    I do believe this squad can only get better and I always feel confident that we can win a game

6. Sim

Simon De Montforte Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Don't think you could accuse them of no commitment. They wouldn't have won 2-0 and Hammill wouldn't have been involved in that tackle if there was no commitment from them. Seen loads of games where we were 2nd best and won and seen more than enough where we've been best and lost. That's football.