£35million

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by troff, May 7, 2018.

1. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Same size parachute payment, first two years are the same.

Much bigger wage liability, less available squad space to fill with new squad members, crippling debt and weekly interest that was hampering them.

New page, clean start, they’ll do very well imo.

The new owners could be worth 20p, they wouldn’t need to spend a copper coin of their own with that level of funding- £45-50million; that’s without any sponsorship deals and Corporate hospitality too.

We will do well too I think, the owners might need to spend a few quid, but budget wise we’re naturally at the top end in that division in any case.

The point of the thread was that the mackems have a completely fresh start, aside from a small and decreasing number of highly paid hangers on, and a budget which would be high end championship - to tackle league one.

They might balls it up, I think it’s unlikely. Whoever finishes above them will be sipping the fizzy grape juice this time next year.

2. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Just been looking through their forum. A few still concerned about the owners wealth some not so, most in agreement they want young players and no more journey men. https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/wealth-of-an-owner.1430020/
    They should do well but games aren't won on paper and every team in the league will be playing out of their skin to beat sunderland because no questions they are the biggest team in the league.

3. robert.hall.545849

robert.hall.545849 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Bit simplistic tbh and they’re losing £500k a WEEK let that sink in . Huge wage bill and players they can’t offload . Have they bottomed out yet or is there more misery to come ?

4. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They’re not losing anything like that a week now, that’s the point.

The interest on the debts was crippling them, that’s gone.

The wage bill is massively reduced too.

A big chunk of the budget will go on existing commitments yes, I wasn’t being simplistic at all.

I was just raising a note of caution to those who believe the bookies that we start favourites.

The odds setters have looked at us and our owners and priced accordingly. I’d love to think we’ll win the division, I hope we do.

We certainly should have a decent crack at it. But I believe they will too.

5. Don

DonnyTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Tbf £35m is a drip in the ocean compared to what our owners are worth not that they'll spend anything, nor surely will they spend anywhere close to that. If you've got £500 in the bank but need some clothes you don't go any blow £500 do you? You spend £2/300 and make sure you've got a bit left to play with

6. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No to be honest I go to Asda or summat and save the other £480

TitusMagee likes this.
  7. lan

lannoy Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Sunderland will walk the league, we should be aiming to keep pace with top 3/4 sides

8. Spuggy

Spuggy Well-Known Member

Transport/Warehousing
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not sure there will be anyone other than Sunderland who have as good a budget as we do in league one.

We just need to appoint the right manager, make a few additions to the squad, get rid of some of the ***** we've picked up over the last 12 months and realistically, we ought to be getting into the play-offs at least.