2-0

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by shenk1, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Wasn't there tonight, but as Acido pointed out they were in the Premiership last season.
    How many full Internationals did they have in their squad, seven or eight.?
    Not a bad performance really. The teams we will be facing come August, won't have the
    depth of talent the Baggies had on show tonight.

2. Acido Tyke

Acido Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yes Donny, and it might sound daft in defeat but Im liking the positive stuff Im hearing tonight from our fans who went.
    For me now, our pre season started here tonight and I think I/we just might have something better to look forward to after all this season. Especially if we can keep that style of footy going more consistently. :)

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  3. #FWF

#FWF Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Just lapses of concentration and a kamikaze desire to play football in tight spaces near your own goal with West Brom players all over you. The dangers of central defenders who think they are John Stones. Other than that, Thiam looked a bit quicker off the mark. Moncur looked a class above when he came on, Cavare' needs to learn to cross a ball, Isgrove tracked back well and put in some very good tackles. I wonder if we can train him to be our defensive midfielder? Like Kante, small, quick over the first 10 yards, just manages to put a toe in...

Watcher_Of_The_Skies likes this.
  4. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good run out. Thrashed York, lost narrowly to a West Brom from league higher. Pretty much as you would expect.

Players will have gained more match fitness and manager will know a bit more about what his starting 11 and formation will be.

Simple as that really.