25% Crowds In October

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by dreamboy3000, May 23, 2020.

1. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You'd have to have unallocated seating so you could fill each row from the centre outwards to prevent people squeezing past to get to their seat.
    No going to the loo during the game for same reason.
    Exiting the ground at the end of the game would take forever.
    You'd need a shed load of stewards.

Redhelen and MrsHallsToffeerolls like this.
  2. kir

kirkhamtyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It will be concessions who are excluded so they can make most brass.

3. TonyTyke

TonyTyke Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Forget the seating plan, that's the easy bit. Ban all aways fans too -- far too easy.

How do you get in to the ground? How do you get out? No chance people will keep their distance. Going for a pee at half time? Nah. Not going to happen.

What about the bloke from 4 seats down who wants the toilet in the match, move everyone off the row and queueing up the stairs whilst they go, and then again when they come back?

Won't happen

Redhelen likes this.
  4. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I would also like to think by October everyone will be allowed back anyway.

5. BarnsleyReds

BarnsleyReds Well-Known Member

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    I would put that possibility somewhere between “unlikely” and “not a ******* chance in hell”

6. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think that is a very optimistic target. I don't think crowds will be allowed back until 2021.

7. dreamboy3000

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There won't be 71 EFL clubs left if that's the case. You'd hope in five months time deaths/infections will have long been nill or low and a working vaccine will be around.

8. MarioKempes

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    A working and widely available vaccine is the best hope for events like professional football returning to normal. In the absence of one I cannot see crowds being allowed to attend in the way they were allowed before March.

9. Plankton Pete

Plankton Pete Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's in the S*n, it's made up ********.

Redhelen likes this.
  10. dreamboy3000

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Despite the media scaremongering that's brainwashed and scared many I prefer to look on the bright side....

I agree with you about a vaccine and Oxford sounds very promising. But if we have a sustained amount of days without any deaths and with very low infections then a return to large events should be looked at especially with track and trace and other things in place like drugs that work and testing larger numbers.

Redhelen likes this.
  11. MarioKempes

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm hoping that I am wrong too, I'm really just basing my opinion on what I'm reading. I still think October is optimistic but that could change over the next couple of months.

dreamboy3000 likes this.
  12. Dep

Deputy Dawg Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The head of the Oxford vaccine program who said there vaccine would be available by September said today the virus is disappearing so fast in the U.K and new cases are dropping every day the chances of making a working vaccine are down to 50 % of a no result.

as there wont be enough people to test it on to verify it works and is safe.
    he said "we are in the bizarre position of wanting the virus to stay at least for a little while " .

Same thing happened with the other SARS virus's they disappeared and they gave up trying to produce a vaccine as governments stopped funding working efforts the costs involved producing one can run into billions and the profits involved from selling it would not cover the private venture costs of producing one(if that is even possible).
    if it disappeared who would they sell it to.

13. Redarmy87

Redarmy87 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think you're right sadly. I also cant imagine the first few week or so in January either. I think the virus in the winter months will pose new problems. Could be looking at a long time before going back. Spring 2021? Who knows.. very depressing. I wonder when 5-a-side will be allowed to resume too, I've missed playing each week!

14. MarioKempes

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I heard this on the radio too. I have no idea how it will impact on crowds returning to sporting events.

15. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Huddersfield Chairman Hodgkinson commenting that the government have said that large crowds not allowed to attend matches until a vaccine has been found and that could well be in 2021.

In that time, he speculates that unfortunately, 50-60 Clubs could go bust. I like his comment on wage reductions for players
    as that would suit clubs like ourselves and go some way to level the playing field.

Huddersfield owner Phil Hodgkinson warns '50 or 60 clubs' could go bust https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52790371

16. dreamboy3000

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Then you have AstraZeneca saying later on that it will happen, so contradicting stories.....

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/coronavirus-vaccine-available-brits-september-22078421

I believe we won't get a second wave just like other countries haven't and that it will probably be gone in the UK before this vaccine becomes available too, so hopefully we don't have to wait until then for us to be able to go to large gatherings again. It looks like it's on the same path as Sars which burned itself out so didn't need a vaccine afterall.

What a odd situation to be in that they need the virus to hang around to have a better chance of knowing if it will work. The 10k patients in stage 2 I don't know how many of each age group they want but most of those picked should be NHS front line staff who have put themselves forward. It doesn't matter if the vaccine doesn't work as well as expected. As long as it's safe, doesn't damage your organs and won't kill you or someone else by passing it to them that would be enough. If the worst it can be by taking the vaccine is you might be under the weather a few days like when you've got a cold but can still go about everyday life then that would be a success.

17. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Just been on Look North, Bradford, Huddersfield Town and Barnsley squads all report
    back for training tomorrow. Over 1,000 tests for Covex 19 been carried out. Two cases
    confirmed at Hull City, although it doesn't say whether they are players.

18. dreamboy3000

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I see many clubs worrying about lack of matchday income, but how many are doing other stuff. For example will merchandise for next season such as replica kits and training gear be coming out sooner so fans can spend? Will they still do matchday programmes for the behind closed doors games? Have any clubs released club face masks for the current climate? I've seen a lot of moaning about losing income and how clubs have little money but seen little evidence of clubs being proactive in other ways.

Donny Red likes this.
  19. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There is little chance of a working vaccine that has been adequately tested this calendar year. That’s if one is ever developed

20. dreamboy3000

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    19 deaths recorded for yesterday by NHS England. I wouldn't expect fans to be allowed if next season starts on time, but at the start of August deaths and cases should be zero or really minimal. Track and trace will have had a few months to help speed normality along. Some type of vaccine might be ready by September. Existing drugs currently being trialed will hopefully so they can work as a cure for those in serious need of them. If the government don't allow large gatherings until next year the entertainment industry will be screwed and look a lot different to now as most sports will suffer.

Redhelen likes this.