8th in the league, chance of the playoffs, what are Barnsley doing yet again?

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Hykehamtyke, Jan 23, 2017.

1. For

Forever red Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Anyone know what burnleys philosophy is ?

2. loy

loyal tyke mb Active Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This time last year if I was toldBarnsley were going to be on fringe of Championship play offs above Norwich and Villa I would not have believed it. Thought we could keep team together while end of season . After Saturday however I sense whoever is wearing the red shirts will remain focussed on maintaining the play off challenge.

3. tosh

tosh Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I don't separate the promotion from the demotion like you do. As you stated we had a chairman who dared to dream, well that dream ought to have included an appropriate aftercare package and I'm afraid it didn't. The lack of a suitable demotion strategy put us in admin. The difference in parachute payments just makes it easier nowadays and is not relevant to the argument about appropriate forward planning.

4. tyr

tyrone1 Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    And do you know how many years we were in the Hampton building. Or How many players we sold. In that period

5. Dub

Dubai Tyke New Member

Good post my friend, but it's sad that the club I supported from fourth division to second going to every home and away game has last ambition of greater glory, it's also sad that some people on this board have similar no ambition for the club and would be content for it to be a yo-yo club between Championship and league one. This is a negativity that has always been alien to me, you can't just say we are good as second best FGS, no backbone to some people. If you think you are not going to make it, then you simply will never make it.

Am liking the groundwork that has been put in so far, but it's only groundwork and if you aspire to greater things then it will be a springboard to those heights. Barnsley have an opportunity now and it will be such a shame to blow it as these chances seem to only come once a decade for us.

6. upt

upthecolliers Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Your right loyal tyke whoever plays will remain focussed on maintaining the playoff challenge but are they as good as the players that have been sold or should I say look like being sold.

7. tosh

tosh Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Ambition should always be tempered by reality or it could be foolhardy.

8. Marc

Marc Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    what? we got promoted last year, we won two trophies at wembley, we've developed a squad of lower and non-league players into a squad worth millions and we're currently sat in 8th place in the Championship. is that your definition of the Club and fans showing a lack of ambition? we had one freak year in our history, where all the stars aligned. other than that, to many this will be the best squad they've ever watched.

9. Skryptic

Skryptic Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Sell your house, take the money to Monte Carlo, get on the roulette and lump it all on red. That's just under 50/50, which are much better odds than our odds of getting promoted. Dare to dream!

Until you do that you haven't got the balls to justify the stance you're taking.

10. Hykehamtyke

Hykehamtyke Well-Known Member

HM Forces
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You are vastly out of context here not me I'm afraid. BFC have cash in the bank right now without selling anyone. There is no gamble in monetary terms. A few mill if we don't get in the playoffs and don't get promoted is all for hanging onto our best players until the cessation of their contracts.
    However there could well be a huge historical gamble if Barnsley fail to dare to dream and keep these players till the end of the season. Nobody will remember the lower championship/ league one side with a few million in the bank who are just a small feeder club for supposedly bigger clubs but will remember the small town club with big ambitions who dared to dream 20 years ago and could again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. tobyornottoby

tobyornottoby Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The Hampton building? Is this an idiom?

What does it mean?

What were we doing in there?

12. Dub

Dubai Tyke New Member

Didn't you read the first post on this thread?

13. Skryptic

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We've got cash in the bank and we operate at a loss. Throwing away six to eight million quid is ridiculous. Ending the season with no players, no money, and no promotion, how is that not a gamble? How is six million quid suddenly irrelevant to the club?

Go on, dare to dream. Think what you could do with the money! it's like you don't want to be rich.

14. Hykehamtyke

HM Forces
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well we'll certainly have no players regardless due to the short-sighted nature of players contracts unless something's done pronto. How do you know we operate at a loss when we have supposedly one of the smallest wage structures in this league, hence seemingly losing our top players? Thought it had been flogged to death on here that we are solvent and in credit or are all those posters wrong? I'd like to know and would appreciate an accurate response please?

15. Red

Red Rain Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    To look at the accounts for the year to 31 May 2015, you need to do the following:

Go to the Companies House web site (beta).
    Enter Barnsley Football Club 2002 at the Search Registry prompt.
    Click on Barnsley Football Club (2002) Limited.
    Click the tab Filing History.
    Go down the list to 2 March 2016 Accounts for a Medium Company made up to 31 May 2015 and click View PDF (26 Pages)

The accounts to 31 May 2016 have not been filed yet, but Mr Cryne said we lost money.

16. Skryptic

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The accounts for 2015-2016 are not yet available on The Companies House Website, however the accounts for the year up to May 31 2015 are available. Of particular note are the words on page 3 of the accounts - "The Directors are mindful that financially the company is dependent and will continue to be dependent upon the support provided by its beneficial owner, Mr P Cryne".

On page 7 of this report you can see a loss for the financial year of £3,004,116. This is in addition to a net debt of £4,042,465. On page 13 - "From review of the company's current financial position, projections and cashflows for the 2015/16 and 2016/17 season, the company is dependent upon the financial support of its beneficial owner"

In short your gamble to reach the Premier League might pay off. It might also leave us with nothing, struggling to find a team come September. I'll take you seriously when you find some balls and put your own money on the line, until that point you're just running your mouth.

17. Hykehamtyke

HM Forces
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Btw, that's 2 years since in league one. What about the supposed £15 mill in transfers we've had in then? Is that factored in? I highly doubt it. Running my mouth! Lololol! This response is precisely the reason I hardly ever post on here anymore.
    Who the fook are you skyryptic or whatever your nickname is anyhow? I asked and you obliged, no need for the running my mouth comment. I know where I'd run my boot that's for sure owd ****!

18. Skryptic

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm embarrassed for you.

19. Hykehamtyke

HM Forces
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Whatever! Lol! You don't know me nor me know you and I reckon that's for the best.

20. Joe

Joey Active Member

Home Page:
    Some folk will never be satisfied. . . .