A Bit Baffled.

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Paulthered, Apr 25, 2024.

1. Pau

Paulthered Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    With the timing of this , if it's down to results and performances it should have happened 10 games ago , could the fact that the atmosphere would have been toxic well in advance of kick off on Saturday have a bearing and extending the early bird offer then looking like another foreign manager with no experience in England coming in , I can't see that having fans queuing down Grove Street .

2. Con

Connor Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Part of problem must have been season ticket sales , they must have been going very slowly .

Old Gimmer likes this.
  3. Hooky feller

Hooky feller Well-Known Member

Retired, full time grandad.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    10 games ago we were in with a chance of automatic. 3 points off with a game in hand.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2024
  4. Pau

Paulthered Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    True my point tho is the last 10 we have won 2 drawn 3 and lost 5 , lost at home to so called poor teams so why have they waited till potentially we only have 1 game left, I'm not a BFC knocker, never have been since my first game in 1969 but this feels a bit weird or desperate.

Dodgy Back Tyke likes this.
  5. Hooky feller

Hooky feller Well-Known Member

Retired, full time grandad.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not saying you are, just making the point that if it had been 10 games ago the place would have been in meltdown. Who was going to predict the outcomes of those games to turn out like they did. I personally never predict owt. I'm too old in the tooth and realise no game is nailed on result wise.

sadbrewer and Wirral Red like this.
  6. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    Only thing that surprises me is they did it before not after our last game - as others have said 10 games ago it would have made no sense at all so its a case of when do you decide things have gone beyond hope I cant see any justification for sacking him after just a couple of bad results so really wouldnt have expected the club to act any earlier

winged avenger likes this.
  7. Archey

Archey Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I think 10 games ago it would have made even less sense.

For me, the only reason they've pulled the trigger now is because the objective is still promotion, and they have no faith in him winning the game Saturday, let alone at Wembley. Otherwise, I don't see why it has to be now, without a replacement lined up. Unless something else has gone off.

dodgey defence and lk311 like this.
  8. Pau

Paulthered Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Fair enough I can't help feeling that someone has thought about the atmosphere pre kick off and how to improve things to be fair if we can't beat a mid table team on the last day when a play off place is still in our hands then we don't deserve anything.

Bazza likes this.
  9. lk3

lk311 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Reading the article out earlier and the timing it makes me think they just lost confidence in him turning it round quick enough.

10. lk3

lk311 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Just wrote the same

Archey likes this.
  11. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think it's been down to both results, performances and season ticket sales. Even early days under Collins the warning signs were there for all to see defensively and that was even in the early games with kitching playing. Defensive line all over the place, Roberts at Xmas had had more shots and made more saves than any other keeper in the league, shipping 3 goals to a side who were part timers.
    Often our better play came when we were a goal down and the reigns came off, other games like posh, Bolton and port Vale away we would get a lead sit back and try defend it when we weren't capable of that. I really think the game v bolton took alot out of the players and maybe some doubted Collins after his tactics cost us.
    What I do know is the thought of renewing a season ticket to watch recent performances like Lincoln, stevenage, Cambridge and Blackpool would test even the most die hard fans.

Connor likes this.
  12. Red Mist

Red Mist Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The next appointment needs to be plug and play to get the juices flowing.This Sledgehammer guy is certainly not what we need now.It's just typical of this board,they don't listen to the fans !

13. Jud

Juddy G Well-Known Member

Watter man
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I’d agree it’s part to stave of a toxic atmosphere, part due to poor ST sales and part the board will be able to say we listened and look what’s happened, big gamble on their part if it pays off but I’m a thousand times more confident than I was Monday morning.