A Week In Tory.

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Jimmy viz, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Don

Donny-Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The attack on the car I mentioned in ‘that’ thread the other day was in about 2003, the guy in the garage said there were still a smattering of incidents but it went largely unreported.
    Though I have just realised how long ago 2003 was :(

2. Don

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    My favourite post. :)

A list of dozens of fu kups, and the best rebuttal we can come up with is ...

how desperate do you have to be to just accept thousands of extra deaths because your floppy haired hero couldn’t be arsed to attend some meetings or read his briefing papers.

To accept a complete crashing of the economy because whilst the country needed a leader on his A game ours was putting all his effort into sorting out his ex wife and family prior to the birth of his new son.

3. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  4. Jam

Jamo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I get that Jeremy Corbyn wasn't everyone's cup of tea. I really do understand that a lot of people were concerned about his sitting on the fence with Brexit, the anti-Semitism within his Party, some of his would-be ministers.

But, non-wealthy Tory voters - is what we have now really better than what Labour would have brought? Read that tweet in the OP and consider it. Regardless, what we have now is all thanks to you - well done. Very, very well done.

5. Don

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I could cry at the thought of hundreds of kids in red wall towns losing their place at Uni at the expense of kids from Harrow and Eton who are nowhere near as bright. I don’t think these people deserve what they got, I might get annoyed that people get duped, but it’s not them I blame.

if someone could just point to one successful thing Boris Johnson ever did (other than winning an election), just one?

6. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    He's been hugely successful..... for himself. At the absolute cost of anyone who isn't a crony, donor or sycophant.

Jimmy viz likes this.
  7. Fon

Fonzie Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Dont worry, they can appeal their grades.

For £100.

Per subject.

When those affected are from the poorer areas of the country and probably won't be able to afford this.

Them Tories eh....

8. Jam

Jamo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't have an ounce of sympathy for the gullible adults who voted Conservative at the last few elections. I feel desperately sorry for their kids though.

9. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    After their university place has already gone.

I'm spitting feathers here. I'm only too aware how much hard work it took and the amount of bullying I endured for 'being a geek' for me to achieve what I have given my background. My mam worked in a knicker factory before she had to give up work and go onto disability benefits, my dad was a miner and now a factory worker for the last 20 odd years. I grew up and went to school in Grimethorpe as the pits closed and nobody had a pot to piss in. I worked hard, over achieved and got the first ever A*s my high school had, went to sixth form college and continued to work hard getting A levels that allowed me to go to uni and get a First Class Honours degree. That would never have happened if they'd have downgraded my results to match their historical results. I got better than what they normally get, I got the best results they'd ever had! I'm actually shaking I'm so cross as it really upsets me knowing what impact that will have had on the young people who have given everything, sacrificed so much, and now been shat on from a great height. I know some students would have been given higher results than they should have if teacher assessments were to stand but anyone given a better grade would have been found out soon enough anyway; this was the only chance some people have to escape poverty and better their life and it's been taken away from them.

10. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Levelling up my arse! Shocking

11. Don

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I have no sympathy for them; but nor do I believe that they’re selfish, stupid or any of the other insults hurled by some of my leftie friends.

they were conned, led to believe that Corbyn was evil and the Tory Brexit would improve their lot.

12. leebrilleaux

leebrilleaux Well-Known Member

Student, yes a Student even at my age!
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I've just listened to what James O'Brien has said on this matter................... If anyone who has voted Tory and helped them to a very large majority can explain why they voted for this bunch of self serving toffs please step forward to justify this appalling discrimination..................

Red Lemonade and Kettlewell like this.
  13. arabian_ian

arabian_ian Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I can only wholeheartedly thank each and everyone of the deluded who voted Tory.
    You have all in your misguided actions helped the SNP to further support for Independence. Last time I looked it was touching 56%.

14. Tarntyke

Tarntyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Most of them on here won’t step forward, some do and come out with stuff like ‘ they’re all the same’ but Labour , but Corbyn etc. They’ll be back though as soon as they think they’ve got something to either sing Tory praises or knock Labour. Tories are, and always have been, the Nasty party for most of the electorate, unfortunately, many never seem to either learn or admit it

15. Burgundy Red

Burgundy Red Well-Known Member

Ninja (retired)
    Style:
    Barnsley
    I only wish so many people across the UK didn't have to suffer for you to get another shot at it.

16. arabian_ian

arabian_ian Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Suffer? You’d need to explain that one to me mate. Hopefully no one suffers due to it.

17. hav

havana red1 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    But Corbyn.....
    It's pretty clear he lost us the election in fantastic style. We are now existing under this **** show. Saying 'but Corbyn" means eff all.

Simon De Montforte likes this.
  18. Burgundy Red

Burgundy Red Well-Known Member

Ninja (retired)
    Style:
    Barnsley
    You thanked people who voted Tory because it furthers the Scottish independence cause. I'm suggesting that it's a shame people are suffering at the hands of a Tory government. I appreciate you were being flippant but I'm sure we would both rather Scotland got another shot at independence without the need for that.

19. Sta

Stahlrost Well-Known Member

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    A truly inspirational story, thank you for sharing it, and I truly hope this huge bungle gets corrected and all these devastated young people get what they deserve.

20. stairfoot.red

stairfoot.red Well-Known Member

Computer Engineer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's not a bungle it's a deliberate policy they were told the method they were using would disadvantage kids going to state schools in areas with some deprivation but ploughed on with those methods anyway it's not incompetence it's a deliberate policy of elitism.