About Paul Heckingbottom

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Hemsworth Tyke, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Okay, Stanningtontyke I will answer your points.

1, Yes. I'm not one that pays too much attention to managers and very rarely calls for managers to be sacked.

2, I'm again not someone that suggests managers that Barnsley should sign too often. I think some clubs have had better seasons this season for sure. I was amazed whilst listening to Rosler the other day that we had very little input on the preseason at Fleetwood. Pretty much all the players had been brought in and he's managed to finish amongst at least the play-off positions in league 1. Again Clough at Burton, they've had a fantastic season. these two clubs are very small attendances. Sheffield United have 6.5 times there avg attendance this season. Newcastle with the leading attendance in the Skybet champ have 9.8 times the attendance Burton do. The difference in attendance that Newcastle and Burton have would be the difference between Barnsley and 190% of the attendance Manchester United have or something.

I like watching Fulham this season. The use of the loan market for the West London clubs been a major factor in them challenging for a play off spot and hopefully more this season.

Does this mean those two managers can't be sacked next season? No. We've seen at KP Stadium what sacking a previously successful manager can do. 6 on the spin after Claudio had said his goodbyes. The most successful club in the last 15 years is Chelsea. Blue might be the colour of some of the moods of former managers about Roman but he doesn't care and will not stop in his aim to make Chelsea win every season. Mourinho most successful manager in Chelsea's history gone without a thought twice. If you listen to Chelsea managers and former players like Lampard and Jason Cundy they accept it's part of the club and Cundy celebrates it.

3, The players you mention in Kent, Janko and James Fitness apart weren't risks imo apart from fitness worries. After the window closed PH went onto the say HE could have got more in if HE wanted. That's what annoys me because it's that whats cost us an amazing season. At the time he signed I wasn't a big fan of the signing of AA. Talented player, yes but I could see it a mile off unless of the extreme counter he would add little to what we already have in Winnall, Bradshaw, Watkins ......

Payne offers something different. Not sure who but someone mentioned that Payne might not be very good. Whilst talking to friends about him in isolation I would agree with you but get 6'5 john out of CK Beckett stand when the oppo are sitting back and knocking our light weight and 5ft 10 strikers around bar Watkins and he's not not going to cause the Bamba's of this world a sleepless night. You've got a guy at preston up front and he might not be great but he will cause problems just because he's massive. It's that theory when a big goalkeeper goes up. Are they the danger, 9/10 no but when the oppo see's a player towering above him he think poo and gets help with him. Ipswich have K Moore upfront that was at Yeovil a few seasons ago to offer something different.

The systems the system and it's a system I like and have wanted to see for years but we have to move it forward now and get better plays in. Selling players can make you better in the medium term like at Southampton and other clubs but we after recruit better players and make sure the squads in a better state.

2. Jam

Jamo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Another box office thread from Hemsworth. People just can't help themselves can they.

Saying that, I think I might've posted earlier in the thread too. Oh well

[​IMG]

3. nor

northender Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He's on about half that which is the top of our pay scale, but the figure you mention was around what he was on at Bolton. He is out of contract this summer and will be leaving as he has been injured or getting sent off since Wembley.

As for McGeady, the general consensus amongst our fans is that he's on around 40k a week at Everton but we don't pay much towards it as Everton couldn't find anyone to take him off their hands until deadline day in August.

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  4. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Brilliant.

Like I thought, a load of **** was spouted.

Beckford see Hammill.

5. ryhilltyke

ryhilltyke Well-Known Member

Construction Worker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So in short.
    You think Burton are fantastic, who have finished way below us. You also think Fleetwood are amazing, and they're a league below us.
    And you want us to get a load of loans in, probably from Chelsea.
    You do know some loans cost upto a million pounds to borrow for the season, with wages on top. We get the ones we can actually afford.

6. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hammill isn't on 10k you silly *******

7. ryhilltyke

ryhilltyke Well-Known Member

Construction Worker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He's on £8k