Absolutely Turgid Yesterday

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Conan Troutman, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    People must have had a compulsion to read and reply to their posts too.

2. occ

occook Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Loved Hemsie. Plus Tyrone and Nudger. Their threads could go 8 or 9 pages deep. Proper funny some of it.

Board needs “characters”. Be too beige otherwise.

John Peachy and Conan Troutman like this.
  3. Con

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What's controversial about having a different opinion. What happens is that people know I speak my mind and then feel they have to rush to defend the club.

I know you're trying to belittle my posts by comparing them to Hemsworth Tyke's, but I don't need to have my opinions or intellect validated by yourself or anyone else who tries to make such lazy and pathetic comparisons.

4. Con

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm still waiting to hear more about the time Sam Winnall hit me in the face with the ball.

5. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yes, they all thought they were boring, attention seeking, self proclaimed seers of the light.

6. Con

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Why would people have a compulsion to read posts they thought were boring!?

7. occ

occook Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Love that you’re still thinking about that. Think harder. Will definately come back to you.

Keep it up fella. Where’s Tyrone gone? Miss you and him in a battle of wits. They were my favourite posts.

8. RC_

RC_tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There’s a difference between different opinion and the same reaction provoking posts.

Touched a nerve with that last part I see. Maybe too close to the truth possibly? Although at least you keep replying, Hemmsy and the others used to casually ignore posts calling them out.

Anyway, I’ve got better things to be doing with my night.

Goodnight Conan.

9. Con

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    "Definately" won't. Haven't got a clue what you're on about. I'm not sure you do.

10. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Because they want to voice their utter exasperation at the relentless negativity. At the sensationalist comments. At the mind boggling arrogance of suggesting that every one else is incapable of seeing what's in front of their eyes.
    I went last week. We were poor, it was a crap game. Seems like it was the same on Saturday. Wow! Who'd have thought it? Smallish to medium sized club incapable of winning 4-0 every week.
    Your obvious absence when we've had good results this season and desperate efforts to seize on the slightest shortcomings to criticise when we haven't played well are glaring.

ScubaTyke, Mateo Corbo and WatfordRed like this.
  11. occ

occook Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I defiantly don’t. I’m just enjoying it.

What life’s all about. Wouldn’t bother otherwise!

12. Wat

WatfordRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Do you enjoy being negative? Not having a go, but this is like the 7th or so negative thread you’ve created this season alone. I’m just trying to understand it.

Do you actually enjoy watching us? Do you enjoy supporting us? Serious question. (Feel free to drop in a ‘i’m a better fan than you’ response if you wish)

Most people seem to try and see the best in everything (whether perfect or not). You seem to be the opposite. Maybe you feel you’re an individual or of a higher interlect than the rest of us or whatever. I just don’t get it.

I’m not here to have a go or have an argument or whatever you want to call it. I agree there are times where we need to be negative about the club, the football, the situation etc etc. Your negative attitude is completely disproportionate to the situation. We’re 4th, not 24th.

What you don’t seem to grasp (and numerous posters have pointed this out) is you fail to show any positivity. It’s just never there. People reply in their waves to your threads because the majority don’t agree with your extremely negative outlook . It’s the same reason people like Katie Hopkins get attention.

That being said you’ve created a thread after a victory. So you’re making progress. Hopefully by the end of the season we’ll squeeze some positivity out of you.

Keep it up x

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    ScubaTyke and churtonred like this.
  13. Con

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    My opinion is what it is. I say what I think. We don't need to start personality profiling just because someone doesn't think Mamadou Thiam is good enough for the Championship.

People don't agree with my opinions. That's great. I'm all ears if people want to make a case for Liam Lindsay being good centre half. I'll disagree, but I'd like to hear their opinions. What I can't be bothered with is the way this thread has turned out. I don't why I'm still posting in it to be honest because it just turns into people criticising me as a poster, and me having to defend myself for opinion. Then everybody just gets bored and/or frustrated. Waste of time really.

14. sit

sitting bull Active Member

Conan we all get what your saying, but do you have to come up with the same old stuff, time after time under a different heading I’m sure you could bring more to the table, the glass must be half full some of the time with the club

15. sit

sitting bull Active Member

The problem with your opinions are they are never positive, you never take circumstances into account, or give players the benefit of the doubt, they are playing at this level for a reason , while trying to make a career for themselves, you should also remember football is a team game the sum of all parts you seem to continually pick fault in individuals. The easiest thing in the word to do