Adam Davies

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by redarmychris, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Mul

MullerRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Adam isn't a good keeper ...he's a GREAT keeper & easily good enough to take us up.
    Last night we had De Gea flapping that should have cost a goal, then there was the poor decision making from Cech for Bournemouth's equaliser. I'm not suggesting Davies is at their standard, but some on here need to get a sense of perspective.

Red CB and fitzytyke2 like this.
  2. Exi

Exile Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Totally agree. I also know out of Eastwood and Davies who made the biggest ****-ups last weekend and who has conceded most goals this season, despite playing a division lower. That doesn't suit the agenda though.

Ye gods, if Davies had let Walsall's second against Oxford in folk on here would have had him publicly lynched.

The only thing wrong with Davies is that it looks like he's lost a bit of confidence - he's probably been reading some of the comments on here!

3. redarmychris

redarmychris Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He’s been poor since at least March 2017. People can refer to other keepers making one off mistakes all they want but Davies has made 10-15 mistakes that have cost us goals since March alone.

4. Mat

Mateo Corbo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No agenda here, never seen Eastwood so can't comment on whether he's better. But do think davies is poor at commanding his area, has poor distribution and makes too many mistakes. All these things lead me to believe he needs come serious competition.

5. redarmychris

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It’s the club who have Eastwood on the shortlist not anyone on the BBS.

6. Exi

Exile Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I think we can all agree that we need a second option who Hecky has the confidence in to pick. All players need a rest from time-to-time.

We'll have to disagree about the rest. He's not 'poor' at all imo and he saves us umpteen points a season but nobody tallies all those up. We'd certainly have long been dead and buried at Hillsborough before we rallied to equalise and his contributions at Brentford and Preston were key, just off the top of my head.

Red CB likes this.
  7. Exi

Exile Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I'm not party to the club's list and it's you that's lauding him over Davies.

8. Mrs

MrsHallsToffeerolls Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He needed resting before Chrimbo IMO and then work done on rebuilding his confidence and having to feight for his place back.

Competition for ALL positions, no certainty in our squad.

9. redarmychris

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I just said he sounds the part.

10. Exi

Exile Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    And I just pointed to other evidence.

11. redarmychris

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yet again though referring to one off errors rather than the many we’ve seen from Davies since March. You refer to an occasion where he’s saved us and I can give you others where he’s cost us.

He should be save us much more regular than he’s costing us, it shouldn’t even be close.

12. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

Chances of us having two good keepers "pushing each other" are pretty remote.

Any decent keeper will want to be playing first team football as much as possible and won't want to sit on our bench.

If someone did come in and take Davies place, then I've no doubt Davies would be subject to interest from other clubs. He could probably earn better money being an understudy at another club.

When you pay what we pay, it's just not as simple as bringing someone in. You are dealing with players egos and also with what they could earn elsewhere.

13. MappRed

MappRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We’re very much in the minority in the Championship in that we have only one viable candidate for the #1 shirt. Most other clubs have a back up option that’s capable of pushing the incumbent for a place in the first XI.

Davies has saved us on numerous occasions but he has also cost us and there have been times where in my opinion such glaring mistakes would’ve seen him sidelined for a spell had the squad contained a viable alternative.

14. fit

All down to budget mate. We're in a minority that doesn't chuck money at players.

15. fit

On the subject of back up keepers, when was the last time we had two keepers of equal ability?

16. Che

Chef Tyke Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley
    Heinz Muller and Luke Steele?

17. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Probably the last time we had 2 who were good enough for the first team. Muller up to his injury was better than Steele ever was for me.

18. Red

Red CB Well-Known Member

retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I have come to the conclusion , it does not matter how well Davies plays there are section on this forum who have him as the current whipping boy, he could keep half a dozen clean sheets on the spin but the next time he makes an error the lynch mob will have their knives in his back before he can blink . I genuinely believe every player can have a sticky patch & the backing of the fans helps them come out of it, but I get the feeling no matter how well he plays the kangaroo court have already made their minds up

19. Mat

Mateo Corbo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Bit excessive, personally just think he's not played very well this season - and offered evidence as to why I think that. If he starts playing well I'll happily admit so. Same goes for all the players.

20. Red

Red CB Well-Known Member

retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I do not think it is excessive, there seems to be a witch hunt on this forum against Davies of late , there was a brief respite when we won at Sunderland but even after him keeping another clean sheet on saturday , he still takes stick . I know he has not been on the top of his game this season but the fact we are in this league should remind people what a big part Davies played in getting here & staying up last season & the fact that we are in a relegation battle this season means that others in the side are also not having the best of seasons either