Adam Davies

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by blivy, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Mat

Mateo Corbo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'd imagine most of his "detractors" are chuffed Adam's found form again. I know I am. I also stand by every bit of criticism I have previously given him.

2. Men

Menai Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I’m not going to criticise him at the level we play at we will never have a goalkeeper at the club for the length of time he’s been away that’s been so consistently good. Does he make mistakes - yes but all goalkeepers do, I saw Burnley v Spurs and Hugo Lloris flapped at loads of stuff and he’s won a blooming World Cup.

3. shed131

shed131 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Are you seriously saying he wasn't wearing contacts before when he should have been? That explains a lot./QUOTE]

It was in the local papers... He was pictured in glasses after discovering he needed them due to problems with his vision.. .... Jokes flew about thick and fast on here at the time due to him being in poor form ..

4. Tek

Tekkytyke Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    He is a good shot stopper and overall is certainly the best keeper in League One and probably compares to the best in the Championship. His kicking and distribution (apart from one or two daft rollouts this season) has improved massively and has led to fast breaks and goals on more than one occasion.

His weakness is still his command (or lack of) in the 6 yard area where he does stay on his line at times when he should come and claim the ball. The lower goals against stats this season probably owe a lot to the presence of Pinnock for one. Davies decision making in that part of his game is probably why he is not the instant 1st choice for International call-up. Lets be right though, if every aspect of his game was as good as his shot stopping he would be playing for a Top Premiership side.

It's complete nonsense to say he costs us goals overall. He may have cost a handful but they are massively outnumbered by the number of times he has kept us in the game. Our ultimate finishing position this season will owe a lot to his performances. Hopefully, if we go up we will reward him with a suitable contract offer that will tempt him to renew.

Cowboy likes this.
  5. cak

cakeypig Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    My view he was poor last year one of the worst performers in the team. This year transformation he has been on the whole excellent