AGAIN..........is debate dead on this message board ??? !!!

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Young Nudger, Nov 28, 2016.

1. jedi one

jedi one Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    nope still never said mine puckers a bit, I think it was saying its wrong the way people are looking at people are of a middle eastern/Asian persuassion but if you want to spend even more of your time "trolling" my old postings to try to score some i'm holier than thou points be my guest, just goes to prove the point even more about the "cyber bullying" and the lengths some of the board members will do to be part of the " hey look at me i'm right on" and trying to look trendy. if you don't like my posts put me on ignore, I cant see me losing much sleep over it

2. Tek

Tekkytyke Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Cheap jibe Marc (although would expect nothing less forom you since you are so obsessed with racism) you manage to shoehorn it into most debate. You are one of the Left of centre idealists I refer to when arguing about the clique on here just to make it clear.

OK I'll bite How do my views on controlling immigration align to EDL Britain First . I have not or would never subscribe to illogical racist agenda and views held by many in those organisations. Please explain how to square the circle without quoting the " immigration is good" mantra which applies where people arrive in reasonable numbers with skillsets, legal documentation and offering something unlike the current situation of hundreds of thousands of people on the move, many with no language skills, or means of support.

You are another idealist with no concept of how you would actually deal with mass migration in an overstretched econom like Italy and UK with insufficient infrastructure. Go on then tell me HOW?

3. ark

ark104 (v2) Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm guessing given that it was me who used the term empathetic that applies to me. I haven't put anywhere whether someone should be banned or not. The poem I posted isn't anything to do with extreme left wing politics either.

One key point I have to pull you up on. 1930s Germany was allowed to happen because monization of minority groups started to become casually accepted. Discourse was shut down because people standing up to that demonization were told that they were do gooders. It started to become acceptable to blame immigrants and others for problems. It started to go unchecked. And this is starting to happen now in this country and across the west. Thinly veiled pieces about the liberal left closing down debate.

4. Marc

Marc Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Totally missed the point. No jibe at all. It was an analogy. I can't think of any way to try and make the point clearer, so I'll just leave it there and let you crack on. If my clique is a group of people who are liberal, tolerant and progressive, I'll take that as a huge compliment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The infrastructure argument is pretty weak.

Without immigrants who by all measurements from all sides of the political spectrum are economic contributors there is no way to deal with the problem of an ageing population that cannot fund itself. There will be no infrastructure of any kind if the band of people contributing to the system gets smaller and smaller and the ones taking gets bigger and bigger.

6. Tarntyke

Tarntyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Absolutely spot on and well put if I may say so. The rise of the right and far right is worrying to say the least, but it's acceptance by the masses is far more concerning.
    I truly fear for the future.

7. Marc

Marc Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Le pen is next up. Wilders and Heider queuing up behind her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. BBB

BBBFC Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yes. Thank you.

The man wants to have his cake and eat it. 'I must be able to say what I like, but anyone criticising me is stopping free speech!'

It's the point of free speech. You can say what you like, but then have to be prepared for people to go either for or against your statement.

I'm actually a fan of the US model, where there is no restriction on speech at all, i.e. you cannot be punished legally in any way for anything you say being offensive (look at the Westboro Baptists), but you have to deal with being hated if you're going to be a nasty bugger with what you say.

That way stops people whinging like this, anyway.

9. Tek

Tekkytyke Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I note with interest that as a " liberal tolerant and progressive person" you still managed to ignore the difficult question. How would you resolve the issue in practical terms.?.. I will try to "make the point clearer"

2-3000 people turn up in Barnsley over a weekend. Most have no paperwork, cannot speak English and only have the clothes they are wearing. How would you handle it? Oh and the following week the same happens and the week after that every week. Add to that the enormous drain on resources of having to rescue them and throw in some major Earthquakes leaving 30000 people homeless followed by floods causing major damage. Italy has had over 170000 migrants arriving by boat this year- tens of thousands landing on the small island of Lampedusa alone.

So in practical terms how do you handle it? If , as you say we leave the borders open how in the short to medium term do you handle sheer volume of people needing clothes, food and somewhere to live? Long term the soultion is to make the countries they come from stable but I am not asking you that.

er

10. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    It's just a bit rich and shoving It down our throats when someone who is benefitting from freedom of movement etc is so vociferous or( Writeciferous ) in your case whilst not being subjected to the same rules as we who choose to stay are.
    If freedom of movement is to be enforced it should be to skills etc not because a person's got enogih money so he can.

11. Sco

Scoff Well-Known Member

The interface between business and technology
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Smart man was Voltaire for a Frenchie, and he is often wrongly attributed that quote, but he does have some good ones that are fitting:

"There are truths which are not for all men, nor for all times".
    "Men will always be mad, and those who think they can cure them are the maddest of all".
    "Opinions have caused more ills than the plague or earthquakes on this little globe of ours".

and probably most fitting of all..

"A witty saying proves nothing".