Ahhh, nice round of applause for the Chesterfield number nine as he goes off

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Prince of Risborough, Nov 13, 2016.

1. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't think I can credit Lee Jay with Mawson and roberts after all he played nytanga before robo... we we loaning players under Wilson too Devaney cole, joe duegon ect some work out others don't. When we were relegated patrick didn't want to give players there final wage packet he wanted to buy young hungry players the recruitment team did the hard work the manager (wilson) head coach (lj) had the final say. If pat hadn't brought this structure in we would have never seen these players pat takes the credit for me.... how many games did josh scowern play under Wilson? Why would we let a manager whos football was terrible and was on thin ice keep signing players to then sack him a week or so later.

2. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's a circular discussion isn't it. You don't want to give the person in charge any credit but want to blame them when things go wrong I think differently. I'm not saying I'm right your entitled to your opinion however I heard Mr Cryne say directly in person that in all signings the manager/Head Coach made the final decision so I'd say his his words that actually matter.

3. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The spreadsheet (or rather the actual system we use) doesn't sign players, it highlights and suggests players. You know, just like a scout does

4. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    As I said in my post the manager/head coach had the final desision on the players but cannot take credit for finding these young talented players.

5. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    As I said you want to apportion blame and deny credit we think differently. The spreadsheet is just a high tech version of the old scouting system as Super Tyke says so basically you remove credit for signings from any and all managers. I don't. As I said I'm not right and you're not wrong.

6. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Except you are right and he is wrong ;)

7. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Like I said if patrick hadn't have broughtthe whole system in Wilson wouldn't have signed these players. How many gems has he signed for chester field? From what i saw of his team yesterday not many. He is playing one of the best wingers in league one at wing back and has one of if not the best striker in the league up front in ched yet his side are on a major goal drought.

8. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's a system based on playing.

Like already been mentioned according to something the owner said it was a split stratergy under Wilson.

The club pushed for players based on numbers and hitting certain targets.

Then we had Wilson's signings. Turnbull Lita Treacy. These players wouldn't come up in the ''spreadsheet'' like people call it because you need to be playing games for them to appear.

Some of the signings worked in the clubs signings, some didn't Hemmings been one.

Non worked with Wilson.

I like many wathched the game yesterday and it was awful to watch but then realised that was what I and the other 8000 in oakwell were made to put up with over 14 month. Like if Chesterfield keep him to the end of the season we would have been playing League 2 football under him. Getting beat by teams like Notts Co and Crawley was embarrising to watch.

9. YTB

YTBFC Guest

In all fairness he took over a Chesterfield side heading for relegation last season and kept them up. He also came back to Oakwell with them and they beat us. And, you talk about embarrassment but his successor took us on an 8 match losing sequence as well as a cup exit to a part time outfit.

That said, I'm more than happy with how things panned out. :cool:

10. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Blah blah blah. Adults were talking go back to playing football manager.

You know nothing about real life or appear not to.

11. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    When he took over chesterfield they were in a false position imo put there by a totally woeful manager in Saunders. They had players like JCR, Lee novak, Jay o shea, aryibi and tommy Lee in goal they had sam morsey until January aswell who are all decent at that level and it should/could have been more when they came oakwell had novak I think it was not missed a absolute sitter in front of the ponty, aryibi tore us apart that day too. Maybe Wilson will beat LJ'S record with chessy I think that was his 7th straight league defeat on bounce scoring one goal in that time.
    But like you say all turned out well in the end for us.

12. redarmychris

redarmychris Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Under Wilson it was still a split policy. Probably not clearly defined.

Under LJ we were maybe 75% of the way there. He still brought in his own though such as Conor Wilkinson and attempted to get others.

Under Hecky it is solely down to the 'spreadsheet'. I dont credit Hecky with signing Yiadom, Macdonald, Jackson ect. What I do credit Hecky with is the development of these players and how he motivates them and sets them up through the week and on a match day. He is outstanding at that. Wilson was poor at that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Chezzy had sold all their best players and were in disarray. I'm good mates with quite a few Chezzy fans and all say pretty much the same so again I'm not saying you are wrong but that's the view of long term home and aY fans so I'd probably give them more weight than yours. I suspect two things are happening he's suffering from second season Flitcroft disease after the great escape the reality of a poor team has kicked in and to an extent like players time catches up with manages and this has happened to Wilson.

14. YTB

YTBFC Guest

You should work in football.

15. redarmychris

redarmychris Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I dont really understand that comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He has one of the best strikers in the league in ched Evans and one of the best wingers who he played as a wing back. I don't watch chesterfield week in week out but watching them yesterday reminded me of the negative rubbish we saw 2nd time round here.... Crawley, Notts County, Chester fa cup, donny away.....

17. Stamfordtyke

Stamfordtyke Active Member

Full time Barnsley supporter
    Stamford, Lincs. Born n dragged up in Thurnscoe
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Sugar, I`ve just wasted 2 hours looking in excel for that spreadsheet that signs players.

18. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This forum's brilliant, lads reckoning they're in the know pulling figures out of their arses about what percentage of transfers were done by what managers & who went to watch which players.

Stop pretending.

19. dingdangblue

dingdangblue Member

20. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yes I like that bit most amusing. Apparently Alan Clarke never even saw us play he sent a lookalike to all games whilst sat at home drinking a can of John's and cackling to Noman Hunter who then did exactly the same.

I know this is true because I'm making it up...