Alex Mowatt...

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Goldthorpe-Red, Aug 28, 2017.

1. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

Lots of things have been out of the control of the majority of managers we've had at Oakwell for some time to be fair.

Robins, Hill, Flicker, Wilson, not so much Johnson because he started in the pub league, but now hecky.

All hampered to some extent or another.

2. JLWBigLil

JLWBigLil Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Really? How many had TWO CEO's (or the equivalent) leave in a matter of months? How many had their right hand man sacked? How many had the club owner stricken down with incurable cancer? How many had to cope with a club legend dying? How many had all their best players sold in under a year? All beyond Paul Heckingbottom's control. Yet he led us to our first major cup final victory for over a hundred years. He led us to promotion at Wembley. He led us to our highest league position since the year 2000.
    I stand fully behind our Head Coach and will back his decision making before anyone else.

tinatyke likes this.
  3. fit

Why do I get the feeling I'm not blowing smoke up heckys arse enough for you?

4. fit

As much as I hate to say it, Johnson got us to the jpt final. Not sure you'd class is as a "major" final though.

5. Dragon Tyke

Dragon Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    and why do I not get enough impression that you are a total pratt.,
    you have just insulted a man that I have Zillion % respect and love for, and a guy that has a zillion % love of Barnsley FC. If I ever need a true perspective of whats happened at Oakwell then my good mate JLWBL is the man I will always turn to and listen to... so when you insulted him with your smoke blowing comment you not only insulted him but you did the same to me.... and I can guarantee that you also did the same to very large amount of people on here who Know an love Big Kev and his family...you would do well to make a huge apology to the man.... and yes I have typed that very annoyed too..and before anyone says owt I am also totally sober due to being under medical care just now.

6. JLWBigLil

JLWBigLil Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Do whatever you like. This isn't a case of one individual being a better fan than another. You claim certain players haven't been given a fair crack of the whip and suggested Hecky might have his favourites.
    I've simply put forward my argument that I don't believe this to be the case. Also, I have agreed that we simply appear to hold different opinions and that it's not a problem. But I also admitted that despite those differences, I still liked and had respect for you. Sadly, it does not appear to be reciprocal with these comments you've made.
    Fair enough.

Jimmy viz likes this.
  7. fit

I don't think anyone as bipolar as you can accuse anyone of being a total prat pal.

Just because I'm having a difference of opinion with "big Kev" doesn't mean I'm a prat. He knows I like to debate stuff.

I don't need to make an apology to anyone as far as I see it. Far worse things are said in conversations.

If you don't like it, tough.

8. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Payne didn't get many chances but on the few occasions I saw him he never showed anything to suggest he could be an asset at this level.

Moncur wasn't froze out at all. When he asked for a loan he was on the bench & it was still August. He was next in line if either Hourihane or Scowen got injured as we'd not signed Morsy at that point. He would've got his chance pretty soon as well as Morsy & Bird ending up playing together in September when Hourihane was injured & Scowen suspended.

We're still in August & Potts only signed last month, bit harsh to say 'finally had a decent game'

9. Red

Red CB Well-Known Member

retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So if its your prediction, then its not factual, thats cleared it up.

10. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He never claimed it to be a fact did he?

11. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I
    I think fitzytyke is right that Payne never got a 'fair' go in the first team but that is more than likely because for one reason or another Hecky simply didn't feel that giving Payne a 'fair' go was the correct decision. I simply don't believe from be second that he thought he would improve the team but chose to field a weakened side instead just because he didn't like him.

If every one of our players had a 'fair' go in he side we would have to play 200 games a season. Sadly we don't have that many games so the manager has to look at the players strengths and weaknesses, their workrates, their showing in training etc and make an informed decision as to who to play on any given day. Just because Payne didn't meet hecky's requirements on one or more of those aspects doesn't mean he was applying favouritism it means he was doing his job.

churtonred and JLWBigLil like this.
  12. Red

Red CB Well-Known Member

retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He said he was going to Donny rovers end of, he didnt say thats what he thought might happen ( prediction )

13. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That is your interpretation but he never said 'he is going to Donny rovers' he simply said Donny rovers (quite randomly) and followed it up with stating it was just a prediction. Not sure why it upset you so much

14. Red

Red CB Well-Known Member

retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Its not upset at all, he said Donny Rovers & I wanted to know if he if this was genuine, he then answered , which is fine, I dont know why you jumped in at all, unless you had some info on the post

15. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's all opinions. In terms of manager I'd say that in the last 50 years there's probably four contenders for best manager in that timeframe. Clarke, Hunter, Wilson and Heckingbottom. I'd say it's shaping up to be Heckingbottom who gets the nod, especially if he keeps us up this season.
    Maybe contoversially I wouldn't even put Danny second.

16. pompey_red

pompey_red Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    hecky knows. that'll do.

Many a player either doesn't quite fit or cant get past someone else in the team. im sure Payne is a decent lad and will enjoy a decent career but it wont be for us. good luck to the lad thats for sure as he always tried hard.

JLWBigLil and churtonred like this.
  17. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Payne needing to much training in the very basics of the game to be relied upon on any regular basis. When we weren't attacking he completely switched off was unable to be given responsibility at corners etc. He clearly did not respond to instructions in these areas as showed no sign of improvement. As an attacker at Championship level he looked enthusiastic but very limited. It was unsurprising that he left and unsurprising that he wasn't given more game time.

Mowatt seems to have lost his way. This hasn't been helped by constant switching of positions and the fact there is no clear place for him in our team pattern. He seems a genuine lad and I don't think anyone is writing him off at this stage but a loan move to a team where he can be the 'main man' for a bit might prove very helpful and he could come back with renewed confidence and determination.

Neither one has deserved a place in the team. One made a permanent move which was probably the right decision for the other a loan may be helpful. Daft to say either has been blocked by favouritism.

tinatyke and churtonred like this.
  18. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Where did I say end of?

19. Red

Red CB Well-Known Member

retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)