All these ‘rumours’

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by redarmychris, Mar 29, 2018.

1. stairfoot.red

stairfoot.red Well-Known Member

Computer Engineer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So u are Cryne Junior then ??????? You say the rumours aren't true they say they are what proof have you got we've only your word for it or the clubs they had the opportunity to put a senior player like Hammil for instance to publicly back the manager at the press conference this week to shut the rumours down but didn't they put a newcomer whose only really known BFC under JM. I'm sure most fans would love to be positive about Barnsley FC but the club keep making it very difficult for the majority to be positive by losing every bloody week

2. orsenkaht

orsenkaht Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Looks like this thread has been very good for uniting the fans!

3. Bossman

Bossman Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I’ve also been told that all these rumours are a load of rubbish.

4. orsenkaht

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hang on though - RAC's third rumour (of the players meeting without the head coach) was acknowledged by Jose himself yesterday?

5. redarmychris

redarmychris Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He was aware of them and they weren’t to discuss tactics as reported. Certainly nothing secret about them.

6. orsenkaht

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Doesn't really smack of "togetherness" though?

7. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Worth over £20m?!

Edit - ignore this thought you were on about Barnsley

8. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There are always rumours of disharmony when things aren’t going great. They used to be accompanied by rumours of players getting hammered round Tarn ( though in Gerry’s case they were usually true).

Anyhoo back to watching Ollie McBurnie playing left wing back this afternoon. I can’t wait.

monkey tennis likes this.
  9. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The only reason Heckingbottom’s getting any stick is because he went to Leeds. If you look at it objectively & take away the anger of him going to Leeds there’s no way anyone can say he’s done a bad job this season.

Loads tipped us to be the next Rotherham at the start of the season, we signed a bunch of kids with no championship experience, these kids weren’t even the best kids from lower leagues as they go elsewhere for more money e.g. Ollie Watkins, we started the season with only 3 strikers, 1 of which wasn’t ready & 1 which wasn’t fit enough until December, we missed out on our main striker target who proved to be a quality player, we were without our best player Yiadom for the first 2 months of the season, Gardner, Cavare, Fryers, Isgrove, Pinnock were all barely available for him.

He constantly explained to us what types of players he wanted & we needed & then was given different ones.

It’s a miracle he had us outside the bottom 3 when he left, if we go down it’s certainly not his fault. For him to leave us outside the bottom 3 with McBurnie & Moore incoming then he definitely did his job.

The biggest issue has been that Jose & many on here decided that the tactics were wrong, they weren’t. We were struggling because we had one of, if not the weakest team in the league.

What we needed to do was stick with the solid shape & organisation Heckingbottom had gave us & just add that extra bit of quality from McBurnie & the hold up play of Moore to give us a few extra points to keep us up.

We didn’t need wholesale changes or rotating full backs or having strikers playing left wing & been exposed defensively.

People are disillusioned because they don’t really know who to blame, no one wants to blame Cryne because of his death, some blame Hecky because they don’t understand or won’t believe our recruitment strategy, some blame Jose, some blame the new owners, some have turned on some of the players.

For me we’re a victim of circumstance, we had an owner dying of cancer who wanted to keep the wage bill low & with many sellable assets to attract new owners which he did & although we may go down I believe the young players we have will get better in time & that Cryne has left us in good hands & whilst there will be some short term pain I can honestly see this side coming straight back up.

One thing I don’t like is the slating of players, apart from George Moncur against Leeds I don’t think I’ve seen a player not give his all. They’re young lads trying to improve & stay up. Ideally they’d have 3 or 4 Hassell & Foster types to guide them & organise them but we all know they don’t. They deserve our support.

10. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    The report in The Sun doesn't actually claim they were secret or that Jose was unaware of them. In the Radio Sheffield interview Jose doesn't claim they weren't discussing tactics.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p062kmgm

[​IMG][/url] free photo website hosting[/IMG] [​IMG]

11. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The players have hidden behind this all season

You haven’t exactly slated Morais but he is presumably fair game? Doesn’t he deserve our support?

We perhaps were better off staying with the solid formation under Paul Heckingbottom, but we were still losing agents and creating very little - even McBurnie needs chances!

12. redarmychris

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That is just one version of the story that went around.

13. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Beautifully balanced post. Well said.

Kettlewell likes this.
  14. redarmychris

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I’ve got a feeling we’ll see Moore dropped to the bench today with Mcburnie positioned centrally.

15. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Really

Not Paul Heckingbottom’s fault
    Not the poor players
    Blame Jose for ditching a miracle formula that had delivered 6 wins

ScubaTyke likes this.
  16. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I know who I blame. I have 100% conviction in my opinion too.

Redstar likes this.
  17. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don’t think the players have hidden behind anything, I think they’ve given their all, I think we’ve tried to stay in every game & we’ve never given in & took hammering’s like other teams down there with us have.

My issue with Morais is he’s got things badly wrong, twice we’ve gone behind in the first minute, the subs against Hull & tactics were shocking, watching Norwich rip us apart time after time in the second half & him not change it until they inevitably scored & ought to have won it was frustrating to say the least.

My problem isn’t with Morais though, it’s with whoever appointed him, I don’t think chucking a foreign manager with no championship experience in the middle of a relegation battle with a squad full of kids was a good idea. If he was appointed for example in June & had 2 months to express his idea’s & learn about the side then he’d have a much better chance of succeeding.

Of course we were losing lots of games before he took over, look at the squads available over Christmas & January, it was dreadful, no manager would get results with that side. I’m not going to go through them one by one but we had players returning to parent clubs, injuries, suspensions etc. We had Brown & Mottley-Henry on the bench, we were down to the bare bones.

McBurnie does need chances & he’s had & taken them. The biggest factor is we’ve a target man we can play off. If you watched the Fulham game the link up play between Moore & Bradshaw was superb & McBurnie’s a far better player than Bradshaw & I think he’d have linked up well with him in a 2.

Jimmy viz and Connor like this.
  18. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don’t get where you’re coming from.

It can’t be Heckingbottom’s fault if the players are poor.

It can’t be the players fault if it’s Heckingbottom’s.

No ones talked about a miracle formula, whoever was in charge this season we’d have struggled but we had a system the players understood & if you add a bit of quality in the final third to a team that was outside of the bottom 3 then that should’ve been enough to get us over the line. That’s all.

Jimmy viz likes this.
  19. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Who?

20. Lon

LongtimeRed Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    nail on head there mate, never looked like scoring. although most use the excuse he did not have oli.